advice needed from CDC

northerngurl

back once again
hey,

I posted last week about having an uncomfortable stomach, just a generally 'full up' feeling like when you overeat, it seems to be getting worse, just had my lunch shake and it was really hard to stomach it, plus for the last week i have a constant dull aching stitch like pain in my left side down in my pelvis. I am not constipated (sorry if TMI) and havent ever had problems like this on cambridge before.

I am on SS+ (3rd week weigh in tomo) but just feel so uncomfortable I wonder if its the diet or should I see my doc just to make sure there is nothing else going on?

I dont see my CDC til tomorrow night just wondered if there was any advice anyone could give?? pls?

ta muchly :)

X debs X

I had those pains too if they are not nice, i ended up getting rushed into hospital. They couldnt tell me what it was but as soon as I told them I was on CD they just blammed that. They lasted about 3 weeks but then they went and havent come back again but I did come straight off the diet. I am back on the diet now only day 1 though so I dont know and hope they dont come back. Let me know if you actually find out what it is?!?!?!? Good luck xx

I had those pains too if they are not nice, i ended up getting rushed into hospital. They couldnt tell me what it was but as soon as I told them I was on CD they just blammed that. They lasted about 3 weeks but then they went and havent come back again but I did come straight off the diet. I am back on the diet now only day 1 though so I dont know and hope they dont come back. Let me know if you actually find out what it is?!?!?!? Good luck xx

Hi, I have considered the possibility that this may be an irritable bowel syndrome flare up, as that can get pretty intense with cramping and bloating, I am frightened to try the fibre supplement as things like wholemeal bread, weetabix etc have always gave me problems in the past and I think that the fibre supplement may make things worse.

I am going to see the pharmacist this afternoon to ask for advice. Will let u know how I get on :)

X debs X

only time ive had stitch like pains low in my pelvis was when i was pregnant, before i found out, lol

only time ive had stitch like pains low in my pelvis was when i was pregnant, before i found out, lol

lol, well thats a definite no for me, I cant have anymore kids so can confidently rule that out of the equation :D

Saw the pharmacist and they think it is a IBS flare up, had it on and off for around 15yrs. Its usually stress that does it and I have had a fair bit of that at work lately, i am intolerant to certain foods too, like wholemeal bread, red onion etc.. so I think being on SS+ isnt what is causing it.

Got some colpermin capsules to try, if that doesnt work then it will be a case of off to the GP, have had the stitch pain in my side for a week now (travels down to my pelvis) and the bloating is just making it difficult to get anything at all down, shakes, water etc..

I really dont want to come off this diet, I have at least another stone and a half to go yet.

X debs X

The left hand side is your desending bowel (last part of bowel before it reaches the rectum). Could well be trapped wind type pains or it could well be IBS. Bowel is going into a bit of spasm, especially if you are stressed. If it is coming and going (colic type pains) the Buscopan is a fantastic drug to help with the pains. You can get it over the counter.

Hugs hun, I suffer from IBS at times, but since being on CD I haven't had it too bad.

Hope it sorts itself out

Charlie xx

The left hand side is your desending bowel (last part of bowel before it reaches the rectum). Could well be trapped wind type pains or it could well be IBS. Bowel is going into a bit of spasm, especially if you are stressed. If it is coming and going (colic type pains) the Buscopan is a fantastic drug to help with the pains. You can get it over the counter.

Hugs hun, I suffer from IBS at times, but since being on CD I haven't had it too bad.

Hope it sorts itself out

Charlie xx

Thanks hun, have tried Buscopan before and found it to be really good, the pain in my side is constant, just intensifies every now and again, and the bloating gets worse when i eat or drink. I am fairly convinced its the stress triggering off the IBS. Did CD about 1 1/2yrs ago and didnt have any probs with it then. Was wondering whether the banana shakes are lactose free? I know the chocolate ones are.

Well, anyways I am not ready to give up yet, even though I am getting pressure from my husband to stop coz he is worrying. (bless)

Third weigh in tomo (gulp)

X debs X

I just had a quick look for you hun. Banana shakes aren`t lactose free - Could that be causing the problem?

I hope you feel better soon Xxx

I just had a quick look for you hun. Banana shakes aren`t lactose free - Could that be causing the problem?

I hope you feel better soon Xxx

oh, that could be the culprit? or at least contributing. I honestly thought that it was a lactose free one. Thanks hun, I wont have anymore of those, got enough chocolate ones to last me til tomo nite coz havent been able to stomach 3 shakes on some days (naughty i know)

X debs X

No it isn`t :(

Hope avoiding them helps u feel better xX

Back