Advice Needed - I'm on SS

llydaw

I'm a returner (never followed it through to the end before) and am 2.5 weeks in, I've continued to have skimmed milk in the day so I guess half ss+. I can't survive without my tea at the moment. Trouble is mid afternoon and first thing in the morning I'm really hungry, my stomach is churning like I need food. I also have that sick feeling you get when you haven't had food for ages and are overdue a meal. It goes once I have my morning shake just not sure why I'm having this in the afternoon as I didn't when I did Cambridge previously.

Ive got 2.9 stones to lose and I've lost 11lbs on SS so far. I have 3 products a day which is correct for my height.

I thought I shouldn't feel hungry on CWP, especially nearly 3 weeks in. Any ideas?

tks all
x

Well done on your loss so far!

It might just be psychological. As I habit that you should be eating food. I sometimes get it at 4 as I have my shake at 5.

You could also try ketostix to make sure you are in ketosis.

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs wk 14- 2.5 lbs wk 17- 3.5 lbs

More water! You should deffo be in ketosis by now so it's probably that you're not drinking enough. Have a pint as soon as you wake up and another pint before you eat...works for me :) well done so far and good luck!

Something that works for me is regulating my shakes like a military operation ... everyone is different and digests food at a different rate. It may be worthwhile noting the timespan between your breakfast shake and lunch meal replacement. How long between feeling satisfied and feeling hungry psychologically or physically? In my case I've learnt four hours is my limit; hour four is when I feel hunger pangs (vaguely if I'm in ketosis i.e headachy and weak, and ravenously if I'm not in ketosis yet i.e my navel is trying to chew on my spine lol) so after having my lunch shake (always try to coincide this with the deadliest mid-afternoon-everyone-in-the-office-is-eating-something circa 2pm) I then set my alarm on my phone for 4 hours' time. Once you're fully in ketosis and sucking down that water you'll often forget to have a shake so the four hour rule is even more useful then. It's also useful to retrain your brain to understand 'Food is just Fuel' and you don't obsess about Unleaded do you? Just fill up the tank when it's empty with a food pack or water and keep that focus hon :)

Ps: this method works even better on weekends - it totally takes the thought out of the whole process.

I lost 5 stone on CD previously, then moved home, lost my father, was made redundant and went hog wild with the Emotional Overeating ... and worst of all had never done the mental retraining that equals success, so this time I've questioned every 'Maintainer' I can lay hands on, and am studying my psychological attitude to food and overeating (it helps that my sis lost 4 stone on LL and is maintaining) and we can all do this diddly diet *grrr* x stay strong xx

Back