Advice needed please- Late period

Sezzy1407

Hello,

I really need some advice as my period is late but cannot explain why. I have been on my contraceptive pill for years and have always had regular periods. I was due my totm last Friday but it never arrived. Now i did come off sns last Wednesday (2 days before i was due on) as a planned break and i also got a chest infection and was put on antibiotics last Thursday. I have checked the side effects of the antibiotic and it does not affect periods and i have taken it in the past and always been fine. I was doing the 3 packs a day plus a protein meal before i came off sns last Wednesday and have done this in the past on CD and it has never affected my periods. So after feeling some stomach cramps and nausea i did a pregnancy test this morning (4 days past my totm) and it was negative. I dont know whats happened to my period as i have never missed one and because i have been on antibiotics in the past and been off/on VLCD's in the past and this has never affected my periods, I am concerned and confused why i have not had one yet. I had to take my pill again last night to start the 21 days again even though i havent had a period. I am due to start sns on Thursday and will stay on that for the forseeable but not sure if i will have a period end of next month.

Sorry to go on but i am really confused and wondered if anyone else had experianced this, whether its the sns diet or any other advice/suggestions?

Thanks

How long have you been on plan?

Its completely normal for your cycle to go a bit funny on these diets!!! Its really common!!!!

To do with oestrogen being in fat when its burned i think!!! Something like that!!!!

Hope your ok!!! X

Thanks Deezer

I was on sns for 4 weeks but have done LL and CD before and its never affected my totm, even when i had a break from it. Its weird as i have cramping in my tummy but negative pt. I am so regular that i could set my watch by my totm which is what is confusing me as i have never missed a period since i started having them unless it was down to me not wanting to have a break. I am reading so many stories online of women that are having the same symptoms but they are not on a VLCD but neither am i at the mo. Its just horrible not knowing whats going on with my own body :eek:(

If it doesn't home in a week go doctors. They should be able to point in the right direction. I was the opposite non period for 4 months then day 3 it came!
The hormones in weight loss can do funny things. Xx

Funnily enough my period has come a couple of days early this month which I thought was weird - perhaps its because of my diet too :)

The joys of being a woman ay! lol

My last period came 20 days late and I was seriously panicking! LOL I think its a hormonal thing and the more you stress about it not coming the later it will come. But go to the doctors anyway. x

Back