Advice needed please

Finleyfox

I have been told that I need to be eating a normal diet before I have an operation on the 29th of December. I am planning to refeed about the 15th. That leaves me a limited amount of time to lose as much weight as possible before I start eating again. I am on 100% meal replacement already. Is there anything else I can do to optimise my weight loss? Thanks for any hints or advice you can give me in advance. :) xx

I suppose just moderate exercise, drink all your water and try to stick to the 100%! Good luck, you'll get on much better with your operation having lost the weight :)

I am confused by exercise. Some say it helps others say not. My pharmacist said not too as I was already burning fat as fast as I could :/ I just want to lose as much as possible as I won't be allowed to do this diet again after the op xx

Hi, I was told not to go to the Gym as I could gain weight but I think Swimming is ok but hopefully someone can confirm that too ? X

I think its that the first week or so youre not supposed to do any, but after that you can go for walks and other light activities like that?

I have experienc of exercising on LT. I did however over-exercise and only lost 1.5lb in a week!!! I have posted elsewhere on a thread about the amount of exercise I did in a week and it was excessive however the last time I did this diet, which was either 3 or 4yrs ago, I did exercise regularly swimming, dancing salsa, running and I did lose weight. That said, I have to say that this time, without exercise, I'm losing loads more weight than last time.

I suppose it's a judgement call really as exercising makes you feel really good and its brilliant for toning your body up and exercise, in moderation, is really good for us. The downside I think is that we're on such low calories on this diet that any further insult to our bodies can easily throw us into starvation mode and our bodies kick into a natural survival mode and try to conserve as much fat as possible.

So I would perhaps suggest trying a little swimming which is great for all over body toning, especially those bingo wings if you breaststroke, and see how you get on. If you feel your weight loss is not as much then just stop it until you're off LT.

Best of luck.

To save me typing it all out again, here is the post I put on another thread, hope it helps?

Hi

I love exercise and always have. You will see from my signature that week 5 was a very low weight loss for me. This was down to over exercising. Lipotrim is such a very low calorie diet that our bodies really can't cope with too much exercise as we're probably already in about 1600 - 1800 deficit a day and then exercising increases the deficit too kuch that our bodies think we're starving so it startsnto hang on to our fat! In effect our bodies go intomstarvation mode.

Now I did go madmthat week. In 6 days I did the following:

Monday night - gym workout (lots of cardio & weights)
Tuesday night - 7 mile power walk
Wednesday night - swimming 40 lengths
Thurdsay night - 2.5hrs of salsa dancing
FridY night - 12 mile cycle ride
Saturday day - 5.5 mile walk in the hills
Sunday day - 3hrs of ironing & 2 hrs of scrubbing the kitchen
Monday night - Gym Workout

Tuesday night - weigh in and only lost 1.5lb!!!

So now I just go dancing every Thursday but take it easy and I may go f ro a walk at the weekend sometimes. Too scared to exercise as I'm already an active person so think I get enough exercise just day tomday living.

Just my experience so it may not affect you the same but only one way to find out :)

Ms R, thanks for that. I did read that thread and it did make me wonder if it was worth it. I have been reading lots of past posts. I think I have made my mind up to try to walk more, drink more and maybe try to go swimming a couple of times a week. Here goes to the next 7 weeks :) xx thanks for the advice xx

Back