Advice needed please

Mrstumble

Hi

I've been doing Exante 11 days now. During this time I've had a chest infection and was unwell. I thought I was better but the last two days I've felt awful- no energy at all, feel shivery and my skin feels prickly. Mouth is constantly dry. I've been doing TS but only the bars as I cannot stomach the shakes or soups.

I'm going to eat some grilled chicken and veg tonight to see if this makes me feel better.

Do you think it's the diet or tail end of the infection making me feel so ropey. At the moment I don't see how I'm going to get through the weekend (energy wise).

Thanks for any advice,

Pearl xx

Hi there pearl!

I think it's maybe best to contact your doctor, did you get Some antibiotics??

It's recommended to only have 1 bar a day on the exante website so you may not be going into ketosis because of this which could be why you haven't experienced an energy high!! I would email exante and ask them what effect having just bars will have on you!

We can't recommend anything dr why not if your feeling really rotten I would call them!!

And if you need to have a high protein and low carb dinner in the mean time! Xx

Thanks. I know I'm in ketosis as I've got the sticks!

I know 3 bars aren't ideal but my understanding is it is just a few extra calories (therefore slower loss) rather than unhealthy.

I have got antibiotics - I felt much better at the beginning of the week but now feel rotten- spaced out and useless! Dont want to waste GPs time if it's the diet causing this!

I think I'm going to have some high protein meals over the weeks and see of it makes a difference.

Thanks again xx

From the website:

What products can I choose?
You can choose a combination of any products to make up your 3 total meal replacements a day. Some clients prefer just to have shakes and others prefer a mixture, the choice is yours. If you are following the Total or Working Solutions then we advise that you only have one bar a day as the bars contain slightly higher fibre and calorie content, and having more than one per day could possibly take you out of Ketosis.

If you're having just bars you're also missing out on the water that's used to make up the other packs, are you drinking enough? When you're ill it's advisable to take in more calories anyway to help your body recover and you need plenty of fluids to help recovery too, not just on the diet.

I would contact a doctor too, just to get some reassurance.

Back