Advice Needed

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
I have got a job interview. Love my job now but feel taken advantage off over pay. New job pays well and is very interesting. going from Data Administrator to School Administrator.
Now the head of finance wants a meeting with me on wednesday before i go to the job interview. have a feeling that they are going to offer me more money on condition that i dont go for the interview. as i said before i do like my job, but was constantly told that it didnt warrant anymore money, now when i have found another job, there could possibly be more money.
one of my line managers, whose arse i save on a daily basis, said that i would be mad not to go for the other job as it is a good job. It is a bit further and i would have to cycle to work.
what do i do. I know that i will have to wait until Wednesday to hear what she says but I know that I will get some good advise on here.

Whether or not they make you a pay offer, which they probably will, they cannot attach the provision that you do not go for your interview. If they offer this, thank them kindly, and go for the interview anyway and then weigh up your options. Consider things like career path, does either job offer progression within the role to higher things and better pay?

Then, presuming you are offered the other job, decide on the basis of what is best for you.

I think to be honest that the School Administrator would be the highest position that i could get at the new school as it is just primary, whereas there are a few positions that i could improve to here where i am but the money between those positions arent very much. There is more money at the new school but less hours, so it would probably even itself out.
I dont know as i am so confused.

Hiya

I would go for the interview & see how you feel about the new school. At the interview you can usually pick up a vibe whether you'll like it there or not. The job that I'll be starting next week was my least favourite on paper but when i went for the interview it just felt right. The Manager & the others were so down to earth & lovely I know that I'll fit in great there & will love the job.

The school you're in now is there going to be definite positions coming up? You may not necessarily get those jobs & you'd be so annoyed if you missed out on this opportunity.

Also you could get the new job do it a few years, get experience & then move elsewhere for a Managers position....

Take on board what the finance manager says to you but don't let it affect your judgement on the new job...

GO and good luck with the interview XXXXX

Hiya

I would go for the interview & see how you feel about the new school. At the interview you can usually pick up a vibe whether you'll like it there or not. The job that I'll be starting next week was my least favourite on paper but when i went for the interview it just felt right. The Manager & the others were so down to earth & lovely I know that I'll fit in great there & will love the job.

The school you're in now is there going to be definite positions coming up? You may not necessarily get those jobs & you'd be so annoyed if you missed out on this opportunity.

Also you could get the new job do it a few years, get experience & then move elsewhere for a Managers position....

Take on board what the finance manager says to you but don't let it affect your judgement on the new job...

GO and good luck with the interview XXXXX

You are right in what you say.
No, it is not definite about the other jobs.
There were three other jobs that i could have gone for, but didnt, and have kicked myself ever since, one of them being a few doors away from my house in my youngest son's school.
Plus the bonus of the new job is that i would be learning a couple of new things. The downside is, is that i worked in another school previously and hated every minute of it.

Honestly you'll know from interview whether it's for you or not...at least you've covered all options then. X

I agree - go for the interview. Remember you are interviewing them as much as the other way around.

They have now offered me more money at my job here. works out at roughly the new jobs money, as the new position is part time. Still going to go for the interview though.

Back