Advice needed!!

October Optimist

Hello everyone! I start Refeeding next week and am hoping to contiue it for a couple of weeks. I was also thinking of then following A Low GI/GL diet. Do you think this is a wise move? Any advice would be welcomed! Thank you x

Hiya :)

Well done on your losses so far - you're doing good!!

Yes low GI/GL is one way forward after you've refed. The best person to speak to about it is Irish Molly. She carried on losing after LT using that plan and now uses it to maintain. You can find her on the GI forum though she's often around here and will most likely pick up on this herself.

Best of luck whatever you decide :) x

Low GI/GL sounds like a good plan to lose/maintain, just make sure you follow the refeed first though for a week or two.

Well done on your losses. In my view successful maintenance depends on changing attitudes to food and drink. Otherwise old habits creep back and it will be a constant struggle to keep the weight off. Just as we learned to love the stodge and processed foods that make us gain weight, we can learn new food habits that keep us healthy and in control. There is a world of choice out there!!
In my opinion, Glycemic load is a great way to maintain your TFR losses. I've never regained a pound of my TFR losses and I went on to lose another 29 pounds through following GL principles.
Check out the Gi section of the forum for other diaries. There are also some useful threads in the stickies section.
Check out glycemicindex.com for some great info on GL .

GL involves sticking to some basic principles.
Three small meals and two snacks.
Half your plate with leafy green veg, quarter with protein, quarter with starchy carbs.
Reduce bread, potato, pasta and rice. If having, bread, pasta, rice choose wholemeal.
drastically reduce intake of processed foods. Food should be fresh and unprocessed as possible. ( this has been the most liberating aspect for me as my taste has completely changed)

On GL you can have a varied, satisfying menu. Adopt an 80/20 rule. Then you can plan for treats without guilt. Whilst I have not returned to old eating habits, I will sometimes just eat too much of the good foods and this will of course mean a gain!! So overall, calories in need to be less than calories out. Myfitnesspal is a good site to track cals of GL foods just till you get your head around correct portion sizes etc.
Good luck with your research and I hope you find a plan that suits you and your lifestyle.

Well done on your losses. In my view successful maintenance depends on changing attitudes to food and drink. Otherwise old habits creep back and it will be a constant struggle to keep the weight off. Just as we learned to love the stodge and processed foods that make us gain weight, we can learn new food habits that keep us healthy and in control. There is a world of choice out there!!
In my opinion, Glycemic load is a great way to maintain your TFR losses. I've never regained a pound of my TFR losses and I went on to lose another 29 pounds through following GL principles.
Check out the Gi section of the forum for other diaries. There are also some useful threads in the stickies section.
Check out glycemicindex.com for some great info on GL .

GL involves sticking to some basic principles.
Three small meals and two snacks.
Half your plate with leafy green veg, quarter with protein, quarter with starchy carbs.
Reduce bread, potato, pasta and rice. If having, bread, pasta, rice choose wholemeal.
drastically reduce intake of processed foods. Food should be fresh and unprocessed as possible. ( this has been the most liberating aspect for me as my taste has completely changed)

On GL you can have a varied, satisfying menu. Adopt an 80/20 rule. Then you can plan for treats without guilt. Whilst I have not returned to old eating habits, I will sometimes just eat too much of the good foods and this will of course mean a gain!! So overall, calories in need to be less than calories out. Myfitnesspal is a good site to track cals of GL foods just till you get your head around correct portion sizes etc.
Good luck with your research and I hope you find a plan that suits you and your lifestyle.
Thank you so much for this! I have been looking on the Gi section and have been researching the diet seperately. Again thank you for your help and support. As it stands, i have my weigh in tomorrow and i start refeeding on tuesday. I plan to do this for a week, maybe two and then start switching my eating habits to those who follow the Gi diet. Thank you once again, with out yours and everybody else's help, i would be stuck!

Back