advice needed...

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by JustForMe, 28 April 2009 Social URL.

1. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    im going to be brutally honest i am mega unfit! i mean i get worn out after 5 minutes on the cross trainer.

i want to get into exercise but i just dont know where to start. i also want to speed up my weightloss as im going on holiday in september.

i cant really afford to go to the gym so can anyone help me figure out some sort of regime to get me fit?!

i would really really appreciate any help:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JustForMe

JustForMe Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.37%)
    just to also note iv just bought a pedometer and starting tomorrow im going to get at least 10000 steps a day in.

its not much but its a start.

and any ideas for toning would be great :)

4. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Walking is the best thing you can do to start with. For toning, you really need to do some resistance training. Take a look in a large Tesco store, they have loads of fitness equipment at reasonable prices

5. carrot_tit

carrot_tit Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.5lb(0.33%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    I agree. Walking is the best exercise to start with. When i first started i aimed to walk 10,000 steps a day plus some brisk walking for how ever many minutes feel comfortable.

6. debsue

debsue Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    Think Im in the same boat as you, I was very unfit, never done any exercise in 40 years. My Blood Pressure went up so I stopped smoking and the weight piled on. I have now joined slimmimg world and started to lose the weight, but I also needed to increase my activity level. I started with walking and to give myself a goal I am doing Race for Life in June. I love to watch the slimming programmes on TV and I saw someone on there at a spin class and heard you can burn up to 800 cals. I found a spin class at my local leisure centre and started to attend that, which was really hard at first, I couldnt keep up as I was so unfit, then couldnt walk when I got off the bike! However its getter better and although I am not in the same league as some of the girls I can see an improvement. The leisure centre then made the spin classes free if you joined the Gym and as it worked out cheaper, I then joined the Gym. So I now pretty much do something almost every day, what started as walking has escalated! I am much fitter that I was but still have a way to go, hope this helps x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.