• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

advice needed...

im going to be brutally honest i am mega unfit! i mean i get worn out after 5 minutes on the cross trainer.

i want to get into exercise but i just dont know where to start. i also want to speed up my weightloss as im going on holiday in september.

i cant really afford to go to the gym so can anyone help me figure out some sort of regime to get me fit?!

i would really really appreciate any help:cry:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
just to also note iv just bought a pedometer and starting tomorrow im going to get at least 10000 steps a day in.

its not much but its a start.

and any ideas for toning would be great :)

Taz

Spam Hunter
Walking is the best thing you can do to start with. For toning, you really need to do some resistance training. Take a look in a large Tesco store, they have loads of fitness equipment at reasonable prices

Walking is the best thing you can do to start with. For toning, you really need to do some resistance training. Take a look in a large Tesco store, they have loads of fitness equipment at reasonable prices
I agree. Walking is the best exercise to start with. When i first started i aimed to walk 10,000 steps a day plus some brisk walking for how ever many minutes feel comfortable.

Hi
Think Im in the same boat as you, I was very unfit, never done any exercise in 40 years. My Blood Pressure went up so I stopped smoking and the weight piled on. I have now joined slimmimg world and started to lose the weight, but I also needed to increase my activity level. I started with walking and to give myself a goal I am doing Race for Life in June. I love to watch the slimming programmes on TV and I saw someone on there at a spin class and heard you can burn up to 800 cals. I found a spin class at my local leisure centre and started to attend that, which was really hard at first, I couldnt keep up as I was so unfit, then couldnt walk when I got off the bike! However its getter better and although I am not in the same league as some of the girls I can see an improvement. The leisure centre then made the spin classes free if you joined the Gym and as it worked out cheaper, I then joined the Gym. So I now pretty much do something almost every day, what started as walking has escalated! I am much fitter that I was but still have a way to go, hope this helps x