advice on coming off ketosis for a tiny break

~nix~

Silver Member
Hiya Everyone

I can only do part of my week 3 with exante i want to come out of ketosis for my dublin trip so that i can have a guinness...(be rude not to) .. and afterall its my tenth wedding anniversary anyway..so im planning celebrating but with restraints. i dont want any alcohol in ketosis at all, so my only option is to come off the plan.

Now the issue i have is how long before the trip do i need to come out of ketosis? One day...two, and whats the best way of coming off ketosis?

I dont want to have a great big gain to set me back, i do intend to try eat well (no carbs if possible) and I will try to be good with my food and im only away for 3 days 2 nights then im back into the routine

Any advice on coming out of ketosis for a few day break?

Nikki

In order to come out of ketosis you will need to eat carbs. TBH I know it's not a good idea to drink alcohol whilst in ketosis but unless your diabetic you should be ok. If you search online "alcohol while in ketosis" you will get some very scary stuff however if it was true then I'd be dead! I done LL a few years back and would often have wine and chicken at the weekend with no consequences. Guiness is pretty high in carbs anyway about 10grams per 1/2 pint so a few pints of guiness will knock you out of ketosis anyway. If you really don't want to drink alcohol whilst in ketosis then have a bread roll before hand your body works really quickly so no need to come out days before just maybe a few hours?

Also, if you want to fully come out of Ketosis you will replace all the glycogen in your liver which holds lots of water, this is why you get such an amazing weight loss the first week- the glycogen goes and with it about 5-6lb of water on average. So be prepared for a weight gain if you do this but remeber it's not fat you've gained just the glycogen and all the water.

Oooooh i dont want that

Maybe i will just stay with the ketosis and try to keep ith the no carbs option. I wont drink guinness anyway i dont like it.. maybe have a sip
But i would be having a vodka or two or maybe the odd glass of wine

I guess i can just try and see how it goes :)

Thanks for the advice

Nik

vodka is carb free and white wine is pretty low. If you stick with that and chicken salad you'll be fine. If you google ketotic diet you'll get a list of ketone friendly foods/drinks.

DON'T drink alcohol in ketosis. You can make yourself really ill. If you're going to drink knock yourself out of ketosis you'll get back in in no time.

Don't risk your health - please x

Let us know how you get on Nic, I have my Nephews wedding in 6 weeks and I will want to celebrate with them including a few glasses of wine / bubberly. I'm not sure how I will manage this mini break, so any advice would be great

Ive decided to try and keep mysellf in ketosis.... I dont want to gain 6 lbs in water....

So the plan is to nibble small and often. And try not to eat carbs at all..

The alcohol situation... Twice now ive had a vodka an coke...just one mind you i didnt go crazy and ive felt ok...

I mean its only 3 days...so i plan to eat only protein an veg... Salads if possible...my stomach has shrunk so i cant eat big portions anyway.... And just try drink soda water..limit myself to one glass of wine or vodka coke a day...

I will try stick it out..if i dont have any food choices and if i do have to come off plan. I will cross that when i come to it. I dont like guinness anyway.

Nikki

Back