Advice on Diet Chef - does it work??

Kimmy Kimmy

Hey guys,
I am thinking about starting diet chef at the end of April, in fact I have already ordered my first month. However, being very strapped for cash I am very worried that the £209 I have paid for a months worth of food, plus the extra I will have to buy (fruit, veg, milk etc) is a very expensive way to lose weight. So much so that I have even regretted my decision in the last few days and have thought about cancelling.

However I have got around 8 stone to lose quickly, I am no good at diets that are just shakes or soups as I just feel ill on them and am too tempted to 'cheat' because of the hunger pangs. I have also tried and failed at slimming world a few times as the freedom also encourages me to sneak extras in that think i can get away with. I have full time work plus a part time job plus part time Uni so I am always on the run and grabbing food wherever I can so rarely have the time to cook and usually just reach for the nearest most convenient option.

I am having serious guilt about spending this much on food though now. Please help???

xxx

i don't think that £7 a day on food (3 meals) + a little extra on fruit and veg is too much to spend on weight loss/healthy diet.
There are lots of offers in the supermarket on fruit and veg, maybe go for these.
I don't think you can even get fish and chips for £7 these days so i think the value is great. I have just paid for my first month and i think it's great that the temptation of buying takeaway food etc is taken away from you. :)

It seems expensive cos you pay in one go, but it's actually loads cheaper for me cos I am not buying things like wine, biscuits, takeaways etc.
the diet definitely works, but it's no quick fix and you will still need some willpower not to eat the wrong snacks.
I expect that cos You have a lot of weight to lose your profile will instruct you to eat a lot more calories than what comes in the diet chef packs. This means that you will have to buy milk, bread, salad, fruit, pasta, rice etc. whilst this works out cheap for me it would be more for you as you will have to eat more of it.
frozen veg is cheap tho, and I blk every evenin meal out with broccoli. You could have Veg and rice,

Basically the concept of diet chef is all about re-educating about portion sizes and sticking to your correct number of calories. If you are worried about cost the you could just try calorie counting yourself using an app like this Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com.

I personally couldn't do it before diet chef, but now I've done it for a few weeks and realise about portion control now, I could probably go it alone if I wanted. Don't think I will though cos the food is really good and for convenience it's brilliant, so I'm gonna stick with it

Good luck in whatever you choose xxxx

Thanks for your advice. I have decided after some thinking that I am going to do my own calorie controlled diet, (1000-1200 cals per day) based on some of the plans I have found on weight loss resources (which I found to be a brilliant website). I have looked at the one you reccomended and i think i shall be using that alongside WLR. Thanks for the pointer :)
xxx

Unless you are very slim already that sounds like its not enough calories, which will be difficult to maintain and will be counter productive in the long run. Starvation mode and all that.

Why don't you do your free diet chef profile on the dietchef homepage to give you an idea of a healthy amount of calories. I'm 13 stone, 5'7 and havent been able excercise much so my calories is set to 1257 a day - and that is really difficult to maintain. I generally go over by about 100 a day so that's why I'm losing slower than some. I'd rather that though, than struggle with a diet

If there is an Asda near you, try the "look what we found" meals which are on offer at £1 at the mo. actually the ticket on the shelf says £1.99 so could be an error on their part. They make a lot of the diet chef meals and they are low in calories.

Tees valley chilli con carne is about 200 cals. Mild chicken tikka is about 315 cals, and they have bolognese and meatballs and a few soups too. I have them with salad rather than rice to keep the cals down.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on. It helps to keep you motivated knowing that others are interested in your losses
Xxx

Back