Total Solution Advice on Exante

Hi folks

I am considering starting the Exante plan with my boyfriend (recently become my fiancee!!).

We have previously lost a combined 12 stone through the Slimming World plan but have put it all back on due to greed and laziness!! :cry:

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of the Exante plan? I have read a few diaries and everyone is so positive.

Please help!!! :D:D

Thanks
Angela xxx

hi and wow at the loss of SW !!

right exante pros and cons .. let me think ..

Pros- you loose weight .... quickly
once you are over the first week it becomes easier and most people find their appetite reduces
you loose weight quickly
total abstinence from food makes it very simple
you loose weight quickly !!!
you are able to realise that you dont need to eat huge amounts of things , and you appreciate food more , even healthy stuff
you loose weight .. really quickly !!!!

Cons - the first week is tough
people can have some very negative things to say to you
you dont learn to eat healthily wilst you loose , you have to work this out at the end
a lot of people get smelly breath , a few loose a bit of hair
some people find they have less energy
you can become very constipated if you dont keep an eye on you bowels
your social life dies
errrrrrmmmmmm... thats all I can think of at the moment .. hope it helps

Thanks Katie, you have given me push I need! Def going to order the total solutions plan over the weekend!

Getting excited now! :bliss::bliss:

Thanks again!

Axxx

Hello All

Thought I would introduce myself too. I am the other half Angela mentions above.

We will be starting this together and as much I intend to support her, I am sure we will make it a bit of a competition as well to ensure we keep motivated to succeed.

I have a quick question if someone would be kind enough to answer it, are the shakes made up with water? I don't think I have seen this mentioned on the Exante website.

Been reading a few of the threads and you've all had amazing results so I hope we follow suit.

I am sure we will keep you all updated as we go along and get to know a few of you at the same time. Good Luck to everyone who is trying to lose or maintain. Angela and I both know it is not easy to keep motivated.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, the shakes are made up with water. The packets suggest 250ml but to be honest i use as much as 350ml for both the soups and the shakes and they still taste good but just go a little further.

The one thing i would recommend is to by yourself as drinks shaker, which you can get from most health stores - normally near all the protein powders. They really help to blend the cold shakes ans saves you getting the blender out each time, and maybe either use really cold water or add a bit of ice as it makes them taste so much nicer. Obviously I wouldn't recomend this for the soups,and hot fluids mixed in a shaker make hell of a mess of the kitchen - trust me I know!!!

Good luck and best wishes to you both on your journey to a healthier future - stick to it & you will reach your goals quicker than you think!

TTIW!

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Yes, the shakes are made up with water. The packets suggest 250ml but to be honest i use as much as 350ml for both the soups and the shakes and the still taste good but just go a little further.

The one thing i would recommend is to by yourself as drink shaker, which you can get from most health stores - normally near all the protein powders. They really help to blend the cold shakes ans saves you getting the blender out each time, and maybe either use really cold water or add a bit of ice as it makes them taste so much nicer. Obviously I wouldn't recomend this for the soups,and hot fluids mixed in a shaker make hell of a mess of the kitchen - trust me I know!!!

God luck and be wishes to you both on your journey to a healthier future - stick to it & you will reach your goals quicker than you think!

TTIW!
Thanks for that TTIW. Good info to know. !!!

Hi and welcome.

I started Exante a week ago and I've lost 8lbs :)

TTIW is right - buy yourself a blender cup and the milkshakes are really quite pleasant. i bought a Blenderball which has a metal springy ball thing inside which mixes the powder and water properly - no lumps :) It was £3.99 with free delivery from thesupplementstore.co.uk - it came within 2 days and it's great. I'm getting a second one to leave at work as the kids love it for their milkshakes.

Good luck for both of you - if you've both been disciplined enough to lose so much weight with SW then hopefully this will be a doddle for you :)

I did loads of research before taking the plunge and I'm really glad that I did. Coming on here and reading people's stories and how supportive everyone is really encouraging and I think it's helping me to have a diary as it's keeping me focussed on what I'm doing and why.

Let us know how you get on :)

Lesley x

Hi and welcome.

I started Exante a week ago and I've lost 8lbs :)

TTIW is right - buy yourself a blender cup and the milkshakes are really quite pleasant. i bought a Blenderball which has a metal springy ball thing inside which mixes the powder and water properly - no lumps :) It was £3.99 with free delivery from thesupplementstore.co.uk - it came within 2 days and it's great. I'm getting a second one to leave at work as the kids love it for their milkshakes.

Good luck for both of you - if you've both been disciplined enough to lose so much weight with SW then hopefully this will be a doddle for you :)

I did loads of research before taking the plunge and I'm really glad that I did. Coming on here and reading people's stories and how supportive everyone is really encouraging and I think it's helping me to have a diary as it's keeping me focussed on what I'm doing and why.

Let us know how you get on :)

Lesley x

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip off about the blenderball shaker. used it this morning and its just as good if not better than the blender !!!!!

Back