advice on switching from exante to atkins

julied

Hi all, have been doing exante for nearly 6 weeks now and am thinking of switching to atkins at week 8 ish, i have noticed a few have done this .... does anyone have any advice please xx

Hi Julie and welcome, I didn't but we do have a few members who have switched, I'll let them advise you :)

thank you im hoping diet kitty will see this i have been watching her posts but dont know how to contact her direct on here x

You can send her a PM Julie

I switched from CD to Atkins a couple of years ago. The switch is quite easy food-wise but you need to eat a lot less carbs on Atkins. Induction - the first phase of Atkins - permits only 20g of carbs per day, of which 15g should be from (preferably) green leafy veg. Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbaget etc and salad veg (not carrots or onions to begin with) are ideal.

The rest should be protein and fat. Don't skimp on fats, they are essential on Atkins.

Check the sticky above and also check The Atkins Community site for tutorials and advice and lots of interesting forum chats.

Good luck!

Hello, did somebody call? Lol, sorry I've been on a little holiday and my OH was hogging the laptop!
I'm not a very good example I'm afraid. I actually found being on Exante much easier especially when away from home cos I had my packs/bars and would just have a protein/veg/salad dinner.
I've realised I need to be much more organised but my life has been chaotic recently so haven't been able to stick to induction and have been extremely naughty by having drinkies which is a no-no on induction. That said I have maintained my loss and enjoyed eating yummy food such as steak, salmon and Mims :)
Quak has done much better and I think I should have waited until I reached goal before switching, like she did, but I was beginning to lose the plot on space food and needed my social life back!

thanks for the advice do you count the carbs by just the carbs per 100g for example or is it the carbs of which sugars you count x

Hi Julie,

In EU products just go by the total carb count in most non EU products you need to subtract the fibre from the total carb count.

hi i made the swap from CD about 6 weeks ago and best decision i have made CD was great for the weight loss but for the last couple of stones atkins is the wy forward all i did i was a strict induction and tried to avoid to many bars etc keep the water up and enjoy food again. As it has been said dont try to skimp on the calories or fats etc

thanks for all your advice im thinking of changing over when this lot of packs run out which will take me to around 8 weeks and about a 2 stone loss.that will leave me wanting to lose another 1 stone 2 at the most.
The only concern i have is counting the carbs properly knowing me i will mess it up lol x

Back