1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Step 1 Sole Source Advice please about eating out

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by yummigummi, 7 January 2014 Social URL.

1. yummigummi

yummigummi New Member

Hi Everyone!

I am a newbie on this site, although I have done loads of reading on here and gained much information and encouragement.

Well, I am in a bit of a fix at the moment. I have been on the Cambridge diet before, and have returned to it again in order to loose the last 2 stones. I started on Sunday (Sole Source) and have been going strong with no problems at all. My boss approached me today and invited me (and some others) for dinner on Wednesday. I didn't want to say no, because I get along well with her and am looking forward to catching up with her and some colleagues. You can probably guess what my dilemma is. Since I only started again on Sunday, will it have a negative impact on my health? i.e. I realise I will probably be kicked out of Ketosis slightly - but I was wondering what the effects would be on my health if I yo-yo like this? I mean, Cambridge does advise to do SS for AT LEAST a week.... Also, for interest sake, what would be the effect on the weight loss.

I intend to make good food choices - protein and green veg - but failing that, what are my other options as I am not sure where she is taking us all?

I would really appreciate some insight. Thanks!

Last edited: 7 January 2014