Advice Please :D

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Riiiiiiiight... after my pi**ed off post yesterday... all is GREAT... I have been given the house I wanted (for those who don't know... I have been trying to buy a house, yesterday it looked like I wasn't getting it.... but today I have been offered it!!)

OK.. So here goes... I'm 21.. and I'm blooming scared about getting a mortgage. The house (its actually 1 bedroom apartment) is not yet ready 2 be lived in, as its a new build. I went to see a show-home but it is being bought off-plan. Now.. my question is... I don't know how much longer I can afford Lighterlife for.. All of the timescales are uncertain about the flat.. There is a date of "Summer 08" when the places should be ready, and I am obviously going to have to save as much money as I can until then.... barin in mind its new, so has no furniture etc!

There is no way in hell that I am just going to skip off the diet and be done with it... I still have about 25kgs until I intend to stop (this will leave me with about 10kgs to go... which is planned) but I don't know how long its going to take to shift..

Hmm... I don't actually know what I'm asking, I suppose I just wanted to write the plan down :confused: I suppose I will wait until I get a definate moving date, and then I will know where I stand... I have visions of inviting my friends round to my lovely new house and cooking them all healthy food ... but obviously I won't do it if I'm still on shakes!!

Oh mid (well early) life crisis :D

(But... I am v v v v v v happy.. just wondering if I can actually afford to keep doing LL for much longer!!)

Think about it like this- If you stop LL (which i dont think u would!) You would easily spend over £66 a week on food/drink/alcahol/eating out.
For the first few weeks yeah you would be careful but you know what its like!
I know I have saved a fortune since being on this :)
Your so close- and you will be fine. everything has a way of working itself out.
and you cant put a price on your health!
xxx

I'm going to agree with Kellie, you probably would normally spend so much.... however if you were tightening your belt (your money one and not your size 16 one) then you'd probably cut down a bit on that .... so I would suggest that if you think that you can do the abstinence without the counselling that you look for a CDC in your area, basically same diet less the groupwork and counselling but you always have us lot here for regular/daily/hourly/obsessing support and it's about half the cost that way you are only spending what you would on food etc.

Might be worth a thought..... absolutely made up for you that you've got the house though whoohooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

Am thinking (and hoping!) that the house isnt ready until late summer... which will mean I will be on target to be finished by then anyway! I think part of it is being able to shop for myself, for once... and just having the freedom of having my own kitchen to cook in, I want to use it! LOL

I know you're all talking sense... and I am not disagreeing with u :D

Hi Claire...great news about the house...my place is a new build and my friend also bought one last year...let me tell you they are never completed on time. Mine was about 6 weeks late and my friends was 10 weeks late! Chances are you'll be well finished by then :)

I also agree with what Kellie says about the fact you'd probably spend more if you weren't doing LL.... I guess you could switch to Cambridge?

Hi Claire...great news about the house...my place is a new build and my friend also bought one last year...let me tell you they are never completed on time. Mine was about 6 weeks late and my friends was 10 weeks late! Chances are you'll be well finished by then :)

I also agree with what Kellie says about the fact you'd probably spend more if you weren't doing LL.... I guess you could switch to Cambridge?

Another friend said the same as u... and I think for now, although im overly excited about having the flat - truth is I probably won't move for months yet!!

Thanks!

hi hun great about the flat.

if ur not at goal by the time u get flat y not go on too cd its great and cheaper but like someone else said u would spend that amount on drink and food xx

How exciting - but yep, new build never run to plan - our house is the fourth new build we've bought in 10 years (1 apartment and 3 houses) - let's just say we move when we need to redecorate!! So you'll have plenty of time ahead of you.

If you do want to save a little extra each week, then CD would be the better option, and as Katie has already said, you've us lot for your support.

Now comes the exciting bit - getting the John Lewis, Argos and Ikea catelogues and start cutting out the furniture you want to buy - or it just me that does that????

Nope... I do that too... well I would... but I have always lived with mum and brother, so never have the chance, but trust me... its planned!!!!! Luckily though Corey, it doesn't have a garden, but instead has a balcony :D I can just have one pot plant or something !!

How high up are you going to be? Higher up you are the more exposed you'll be, so make sure that plant is gonna be a hardy one! Also, higher up you are the more it'll need watering, the wind will cause water evaporation through the leaves!! So would recommend something with a smaller, more needle like leaf to limit that (sorry on my fav subject!!)

WOW! Corey u really do have green fingers!! I am on the 2nd floor :) .... not too high...

When I move in I will consult you if I want a plant friend for the balcony :)

Now I am on RTM I am spending about £100 a week on food (mainly cos its fresh fruit.....LOTS of!) so staying in abstinence is cheaper! I was spending this much on food before LL - but then it was pizzas, cider, wine, oven chips, crisps etc. I don't mind spending the money on BETTER food.

In your suituation, I bet if you worked out what you spent before (including pub drinks, takeaways, the Mars Bar from the garage etc) that it is costing you LESS on LL!!!

Hi LL claire, I'm in pretty much the same situation as you, my OH and I just bought a new build house and it's not going to be built until November. We don't have to pay any mortgage until 1 month after we move in, and I know I definately have to be through LL before then as I doubt I will be able to afford LL after I move out of my mum's house. Don't really know what advice to give just thought I'd say how similar our situations are. I would say just hang in there and try your best to stick to the diet 100% and maybe do a bit of exercise to try and move the diet on even more quickly. Then you'll be moving in looking fabulous!

WOW! Corey u really do have green fingers!! I am on the 2nd floor :) .... not too high...

When I move in I will consult you if I want a plant friend for the balcony :)

Second floor - no problem, you can take your pick - consider a smallish shrub, slow growing and evergreen to give year round interest (although pot will probably need bubble wrap in winter to save roots from freezing)

Although I work for the DWP at the moment, have a garden design business as well, have studied at Writtle Agricultural College (trained by Christine Walkden) as well as the College for Garden Design.

My love for plants and gardening comes from my Mum - she was always out in the garden before she cleared off for a sunnier life in the Costa del Sol, now has a balcony full of plants!!

Back