advice please x

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by leanne69, 10 March 2011 Social URL.

1. leanne69

leanne69 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(15.35%)
    hello
    i have been lookin at all the diff diets and would like to try the shakes instead of meals..

could u please help me choose one? which is best? how much do they cost per week?

leanne xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

Lipotrim is £36 a week direct from the chemist... Less if you can get them to let you have it at cost x

4. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    x oops wrong thread

5. PhoenixsHonour

PhoenixsHonour Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Cambridge Weight plan is ~£35-£40 per week for someone of your height, but costs do vary. I find it fantastic, huge range so you'll probably find plenty of stuff you like, and the weight just drops off :)

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Exante works out at £25 a week, you order it online, and its delivered next day :)

Id definitely recommend it :)

7. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

What does it taste like... The shakes.... ? And is there any options... Bars etc. ? X

8. leanne69

leanne69 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(15.35%)
    i think im going to try the exante one.. just need to wait till payday :)

how do you get your self on normal meals after? without gainin it back and more?

9. Lynn_

Lynn_ On A Mission!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(39.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Diabetic/Low carb
    Keeping the weight off is just as hard as losing it to start with, and the period of coming off a VLCD such as exante is critical that you increase your food consumption slowly. Understand what your base metabolic rate is, and work on that to work out how many calories you need to maintain. Here is a link to a BMR calculator BMR Calculator

As you lose more weight your BMR changes, mine is currently 1333. What that means is that I will use up 1333 calories a day to stay the same weight if I were very inactive (pretty much me lol). Activety will increase the amount of calories you can consume of course, as will your muscle mass, so exercise is important whilst you lose weight to maintain and increase your muscle level. Having said that, personally I havnt worried too much about it, but what it means is that to maintain, im pretty much on 1300 cals a day. I know that if I go over 1300 a day my weight goes up. Its hard to come to terms with such a low daily amount but i spend my calories wisely on good nutrionally sound food and cut out the crap food.

On exante you are on 3 meal replacements a day, cut down to 2 plus a meal then 1 plus 2 meals. The exante site gives guidlines I beleive. The most important thing to understand though, and has been my experience with maintaining, that you have to take things slowly. My food intake now isnt much more than it was when i was losing, and thats how it will have to stay if i want to keep the weight off.

10. leanne69

leanne69 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(15.35%)
    ahh that sounds confusing lol x

11. Sonya73

Sonya73 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(25.63%)
    Diet:
    just cutting down
    I did slimfast some years ago - lost quite a lot, but then developed gallstones, which caused pancreatitis, was hospitalised for about ten days, and felt awful... apparently gallstones are a common side effect of these sort of diets.. I'm not saying you shouldnt do it, lots of people highly recommend them, but I wouldnt do it again, put it that way!

12. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

Your weight loss is inspiring... X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.