Advice please

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by cuddlyfairy, 14 August 2009 Social URL.

1. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hello everyone,

I arrived back from my sisters to find a letter from my local hospital with a date for my operation (to sort out my bunion!:rolleyes:)

Now I will still be on LT at that point and I'm wondering about the logistics of the occasion.
    1. Do I tell the hospital I am doing tfr? (I'd rather not!)
    2. Will it matter if I don't get all 3 shakes in? (I have no intention of coming off LT for the op but am unsure if I will manage to have them all)
    3. Has anyone else had the same op and give me advice on recovery times.

Thank you in advance.

Must admit I'm a bit nervous about it all!:wave_cry:

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.92%)
    Diet:
    LT, now cc-ing to lose Christmas blubber!
    Some things will matter- is it a day-procedure? If so, then you'll be able to manage the shakes, and yes- try to get all three, there'd be no reason you couldn't?
    Will you be having a general anaesthetic? This may have an impact on you doing LT. I'd contact them directly, or ask your consultant (though I understand if you don't want them to know?)

Oh- and Good Luck!!

4. Ricisme

Ricisme Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.63%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    You may be avoiding the compressed hamster food (flapjacks), but a few of those at hand will cover a couple of mealtimes when it's not possible to make a shake...

5. Elle-Emm

Elle-Emm Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st5lb(42.86%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I have no experience of this but I would *definitely* tell the hospital that you are on Lipotrim - it may affect things, it may not, but i'd personally want to make sure people looking after my health have the full facts before they embark on any kind of operation :)

good luck, i hope it goes ok and you're back on less painful feet soon!

6. IrishMum

IrishMum A little of everything!

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.92%)
    Diet:
    LT, now cc-ing to lose Christmas blubber!
    Thats actually very good advice when I think about it.

7. Ghost

Ghost Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.69%)
    Diet:
    LT
    It's best to check it out with your consultant first. Also if you are having general anaesthetic you would need to fast for a number of hours beforehand and so all forms of food any liquid might be out. Definitely put them in the picture. Your health is way too important.

8. Scotsmist

Scotsmist Life is not a Rehersal!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(20%)
    Diet:
    Was on LT, now Rosemary Conley
    Hi Cuddly
    I had an op whilst on LT a few weeks ago. My consultant was fine with me staying on it. I was in and out within about 3 hours and under general as well.

I didnt tell the nurses though, just didnt see why I had to and didnt want to make a fuss. Once I came round, they gave me a hot drink (black coffee) and gave me 3 biscuits that I admittedly put in my dressing gown pocket as they wouldnt let me out without eating...so, I told a wee white lie! I must admit I only managed 2 shakes that day, but it didnt have any impact at all on my weight loss.

When I told my pharmacist I was told that I had to come off LT for 6 weeks!!!!!!! So, I told her my consultant was happy and she didnt pursue this! I think LT have to cover their own backs.

I did promise myself though, that if I felt iffy, then I would start eating as my health was certainly more important. Your bunion op shouldnt be a big op, so I reckon you should be ok though. But that is just my opinion and my experience.

I had to ill effects whatsoever and felt fab even a few days after, but I just made sure I took my 3 shakes and all my water the next days, etc..

Hope this helps.

9. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thank you all for your replies. I must admit after I had posted I reread the letter and decided I did have to tell the hospital, though may just tell my consultant.

Hopefully it is just a day procedure but it is under a general - my first!!!!!

Ric, I don't mind the flapjacks so will definitely be taking one (or more) in with me.

Once again thank you all for your advice, it is gratefully received.

x

Last edited: 15 August 2009
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.