Advice Please

I didn't have to lie. I asked and got them no problem, but on the lipotrim forum there was a tread about this very thing. I'd just go in and ask......bold as brass. What can they say. You are purchasing a product that does not require a prescription. If they asked me what it was for I'd say......none of your business! Its not their choice but yours. It does seem that its luck of who serves you as to whether you get them easily or have to fight........I'd be prepared for fight!!!!!!!!! I think the ketostix are vital when you are starting to introduce food. Every day I check to make sure nothing I have done has knocked me out of ketosis.

GO DAVE, GO DAVE, GO DAVE:D

right ill barrel down there tomorrow and ask them and if they ask why ill say so. Do you have to get them over the counter or are they on the shelves?

I think it depends which Chemist, mine were over the counter and like I said no questions asked, but I know quite a few people do struggle. Good Luck.

Good Luck Sue as well in NY....go and enjoy yourself...a nice steak/chicken and salad will do you no harm. Just watch the lovely cakes they do over there....that would be my biggest test.

Yes I was over there and even though I wasnt on a VLCD when I was Krispy Kremes were hard. I think tis a case of walking down the street eyes closed holding your nose so you dont smell anything. In fact thats prob not a good idea if you want to come back in one piece.

Ketostix - I got mine from Boots, over the counter at the pharmacy. I think I dropped lucky because the girl who served me didn't know what I was on about, she asked another assistant who was busy serving and she just pointed her in the right direction. If questioned I would have just said 'I've been asked to pick them up for a colleague'.

I believe you can also get them on e-bay.

get them off ebay :)

Well done on your excellent weight loss!

I've been on Cambridge for 5 weeks ( the principle is the same as LL) and have eaten quite a bit of roast chicken each week (because I am have the willpower of a gerbil).

Last night, a few glasses of wine too many, I picked at roast pork and some roast tatties, followed by a mini Dairy Milk:party0051:. Today I have stuck to my shakes/tetras :innocent0002: and am back in ketosis tonight.

I believe different people have different tolerances to carbs. I may just be one of the lucky ones, although my weight loss isn't great, I've only been 'out of ketosis' for half a day at a time, so if you are prepared to have a delay in loss, and mainly stick to high protien, you should be fine.

I tend to buy my ketosticks in independent chemist shops and have never been asked.

Just to get this into perspective - if you read Mike (icemoose)' LL journey you will see him bargaining with himself all the way up to Christmas day! It's fine to not be sure whether you will abstain or not - sometimes the thing you need to do to get you through is just that. On holiday I said to myself that I would have some grilled fish if we found somewhere that did really fresh seafood. I even thought I might have a cool glass of wine after my 16k gorge walk - but when I got there, the moment never seemed to come where I would actually want to eat. So suck it and see - just let your adult make the final decision on the day!

Hi Dancing - I just wanted to re-assure you I wasn't saying you were criticising - I was more thinking of the experiences my Mum had when she was going to eat on holiday. Everyone's opinion is valid whether it's different to the majority or not - as long as we all respect each other we can all have healthy differences of opinion!

Sorry if upset you, Kx

I'll be honest dancing I did feel you were being a little critical to Dave. It was slightly preachy, but your last email has cleared things up. At the end of the day we are all here to support each other and you obviously are doing the diet 100% which is FANTASTIC, but some of us guys do not have as good a willpower as you........especially at times like Christmas etc.

Your weight loss is fantastic and that is obviously a result of sticking to it 100%.

Hey guys and girls. Its done now so lets leave it. I suppose the long run will determine how I do. But I am in ketosis and losing so for now its looking good.

Yipppeeeeee Ketosis. It is sooooo much easier when you are in ketosis. There will be no more hunger pangs.
x

I find that I am still feeling hungry. I'm not including the emotional/imaginary hunger because I can see food and I want it - I actually feel honest to God hunger.

As everyone has said - don't spend the next two months thinking about Christmas day. Wait til the day - if you want to eat then eat. This is a diet - not a sentence. Perspective is vital! There are some die hard LL's out there and the reason is because they have done so amazingly well on it. However many of them have eaten on their journey. This is your journey so take the root that best serves you.

xxx

I find that I am still feeling hungry. I'm not including the emotional/imaginary hunger because I can see food and I want it - I actually feel honest to God hunger.

As everyone has said - don't spend the next two months thinking about Christmas day. Wait til the day - if you want to eat then eat. This is a diet - not a sentence. Perspective is vital! There are some die hard LL's out there and the reason is because they have done so amazingly well on it. However many of them have eaten on their journey. This is your journey so take the root that best serves you.

xxx

I honestly believe this is the best comment on this post. This diet is not a sentence and perspective is vital.....well put.:D

Yes its all one big happy hug now. What if ind is that tone of voice can never been judged in text, whether it be email, forum or even letter. Its one of those things you have to be careful about.

Back