Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Advice please

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by beckah, 11 August 2008 Social URL.

1. beckah

beckah Member

Ive spent most of today here looking at all the posts and Im soooo confused ( it doesnt take much:rotflmao:) which diet to go with.

My main problem is not only changing what I eat but also how as I know I have shocking eating habits. Today I only had my cups of coffee up til 2 this afternoon, when I had a sandwich, then my main meal at 7. So far thats all Ive eaten plus alot of coffee and thats typical in a day and as the weights still creeping up it must be very wrong. Also I admit some nights I will snack about 10/11 at night but this isnt every night.

18 months ago I damaged my back lifting my daughter in and out of her wheelchair so exercise has been near non existence since which is also a problem.

I know Im never going to be a size 10 again but I just want to be able to fit into the wardrobe full of clothes I already have. Also me and my hubby want to renew out marriage vows but I just cant face it as I am now and it is getting me down.

Sorry for waffling on..... a bit like my revels habit, once I start I cant stop :sign0007:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. caws

caws Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.66%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating-ish
    There's so many to follow, it can be quite difficult finding something that suits you.

I find having breakfast very important (usually a bowl of Oat So Simple or All Bran and a glass of orange) otherwise I start picking. Cutting down on the amount of coffee that you're drinking (if you have alot) may help.

Maybe try to have three meals a day and have some fruit or something similar to snack on in the evening if you get a little peckish.

Good luck :)

4. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

I would say a slimming club like WW cos I know they teach a lot about snacking and eating meals at the right time ;)

BTW - Caws, your username haunts me :D

5. xowee-shortieox

xowee-shortieox Slowly Shrinking. Yay!!

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    105kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    6kg(5.39%)
    Diet:
    Not Following One
    Hey Beckah!
    I had the same sort of problem. So i decided not to go with a diet.. ive basicaly modified my eating.. and its working for me.
    I cut out coke, take away etc.
    I also started eating breakfast and drinking 4L Plus a day!
    Was hard at first and i hated water but now i love it!
    I havent lost alot, and i just had a sh*t weekend!
    Ive been doing it for a month, but for me it was a good way to start off..

6. caws

caws Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.66%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating-ish
    Why's that then ?

7. beckah

beckah Member

Thanks for the replies, I was kinda thinking along the same lines too about just changing my eating habits before committing to a programme. Have to say though the thought of giving up or even limiting my coffee is scary lol!! And I really dont like water.....best get over that!!

Im so glad I found the forum though as I dont really want to announce what Im doing and am going to need all the support/advice I can get

8. xowee-shortieox

xowee-shortieox Slowly Shrinking. Yay!!

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    105kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    6kg(5.39%)
    Diet:
    Not Following One
    Yeah, i wasnt good with weight watches as ive tried it before etc.
    And because losing weight is a lifestyle change, i wanted to be able to do something i could stick too!

I have found this forum the best.
    Its got all the best people in the world! they give great support and at the end of the day have/are all going through the same stuff :D

9. beckah

beckah Member

As long as I dont get banned for my continuous questions:hide:

10. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Cos it means "cheese" in welsh!

11. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    4l a day is way too much for a normal diet! Too much water will wash out all the sodium which is a very dangerous thing to do. The recommended amount is 1.5-2l per day

12. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(33.2%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Beckah, I do SW and I love the fact that I have a guide of what I can eat but the decision is totally mine. Nothing is banned so I can still enjoy my treats

13. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    and Im another big slimming world fan - its working really well for me so far, whatever you decide to do good luck xxx

14. beckah

beckah Member

While I was at the chippy earlier ( shhhh ) i popped into spar and bought the WW mag, and have to say Im quite impressed and I think its the route I will take...... just need a wee shove to get me there lol

15. caws

caws Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.66%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating-ish
    Hahaha - suits me then because I'm a cheese addict but am cutting it out completely at the moment !

Would you want to go to a class Beckah or try and follow it yourself for now ?

16. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Id agree with Taz 4l a day is too much, bearing in mind you get 2l a day from food.

I think WW would be a great route for you (not that Im biased) as I genuinely have found its re educated me with my relationship with food and my attitude to over eating.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.