advice please

poppy100

Silver Member
have only just started LP 6 days ago - although weigh in is sat so that will mean first week will be 8 days long so hoping for a good weight loss.

am going on holiday to Teneriffe 4 weeks on sunday. want to be able to eat - even if it is very sensibly etc. my pharmacist says i should be on the diet for a minimum of 4 weeks . but i have heard that this will not give me enough time to refeed. any ideas?:confused:

Have you much to lose? Do you have to refeed- I mean, could you continue with your LT on holiday? (don't laugh- some have done it!)
If you want to drink on holiday you'll have to refeed for a week (read the sticky on drinking while on LT to see why)before you go- so you'll only have another 3 full weeks on LT before you'll have to refeed?

Personally, I would plough through with LT on holiday... it can be very very hard to get back on track 100% if you stop/start with LT.

I don't know the ins and outs from pharmacist's side but i can see why they'd want at least 4 weeks for you to see how you get on with it properly.

Plus, it's total food replacement so you really aren't meant to stop/start or cheat.

My personal view is food will be there once you finish and that i just want to get to goal with no hiccups and no stopping. But then i'm also putting off my holiday until i reach goal.

Good luck with your decision, but I'd advise you stick with LT especially as you've only just started.

Others here I'm sure will have different views, which is why this place is greaqt - you get useful info from both sides of an argument :)

and good luck with whatever decision you make.

Have you much to lose? Do you have to refeed- I mean, could you continue with your LT on holiday? (don't laugh- some have done it!)
If you want to drink on holiday you'll have to refeed for a week (read the sticky on drinking while on LT to see why)before you go- so you'll only have another 3 full weeks on LT before you'll have to refeed?

I have a lot of weight to lose - around 5-6 stones!! cant believe i just admitted that.
will have to think about this. not sure i can go away without being off the programme. :cry:

Personally, I would plough through with LT on holiday... it can be very very hard to get back on track 100% if you stop/start with LT.

I don't know the ins and outs from pharmacist's side but i can see why they'd want at least 4 weeks for you to see how you get on with it properly.

Plus, it's total food replacement so you really aren't meant to stop/start or cheat.

My personal view is food will be there once you finish and that i just want to get to goal with no hiccups and no stopping. But then i'm also putting off my holiday until i reach goal.

Good luck with your decision, but I'd advise you stick with LT especially as you've only just started.

Others here I'm sure will have different views, which is why this place is greaqt - you get useful info from both sides of an argument :)

and good luck with whatever decision you make.

I agree with that!

So far i have lost 5st in 16 weeks honey, and i reckon youd probably do it in the same amount of time if you stuck to it 100% all the way.

If you stop and then start again people say its much harder the second time around.

But if you really cant go away without eating then you'll need to refeed atleast a week before you go away. which doesnt give you long at all.

But whatever you decide to go, good luck :)

I have a lot of weight to lose - around 5-6 stones!! cant believe i just admitted that.
will have to think about this. not sure i can go away without being off the programme. :cry:

Hi Poppy - try and stick with TFR on you hols if you can - if not maybe still re-feed for one week before you go and carry on when you come back, but like other peeps have said it's hard to carry on when you stop LT - Have a great holiday still though whatever you decide x :)

thankyou all for your advice. still not sure what to do . I'll guess i will see how much i lose in the next 3-4 weeks and see how motivated i am!

i did three weeks then refeed and then 10 days hols, i took shakes away with me but just tried to have one each morning.... i ate away but not overly, just salads, chicken fish and some bold stuff too and drank while away too... came back, went back on LT and lost 3lb first week back and 5 this week.... i didnt find it too hard to go back on it but everyone is different... i personally couldnt have went away and not ate or drank but everyone is different... i enjoyed my hols that cost a lot so wouldnt have wanted to not enjoy, I went straight back on and still loosing now so it worked for me so far... so see how you get on over the next few weeks... :)

I am guilty of stopping and starting this diet. I started in January for a wedding in February and did the diet for 3 weeks. I then restarted the diet 6 weeks ago but stopped because my husband was coming home from Afghanistan for a few days leave and then I had visitors. I restarted this week and have personnaly found it very easy. I think it is because in my head I am going to be a stone and a half lighter by the time my husband comes back for his leave in July.

Maybe you could take some of the caramel maintenance bars on holiday with you. You wouldn't need a blender then and they are really nice. Good luck with your decision.

Hey Poppy100,

I would just weigh the reason of what is more important ( I know it is not easy to accept) but are there more reasons to eat and drink on hols and then everytime u do u feel guilty afterwords or are ther more reasons to continue the diet and feel great?

It is up to yourself on how desperately u want this. Fact is that Food is not the reason why a holiday could turn out to be good or bad. In fact I think coming home from a holiday and be lighter would make u feel that this holiday was even better. but that is me. I will be going back home for 2 weeks in June and I will be bridesmaid for my cousin, so within this 2 weeks I will have a hen's night, the wedding (2 days wedding) and a Festival and my mind is so set on it that i am thinking "so what, If I do not drink, no drink tastes better than feeling slim does"

But at the same time if you do eat and drink on your hols at least then enjoy it and do not regret it.
Whatver u decide it will be right for you! Now off you go and have a brill time, with or without ;-)
xx

thank you all. still not sure. will see how i feel after a couple of weight in's. i know it is only a holiday and there are lots of excuses to eat. so far (obviously only new to this) am managing well and dont feel deprived. still going out for coffee with family - only i have sparkling water and definetly no scone or butter. but still enjoy the outing.

I went away and stayed on TFR. At one time I would have thought (like others have said) that being unable to eat and drink would have meant not enjoying myself but one of the biggest lessons I've learned through this journey is that that is nonsense.

If the only pleasure to be got from being away is eating and drinking why do we spend all that money to do it somewhere else?

Just MHO x

10lbs off BRAVO

have only just started LP 6 days ago - although weigh in is sat so that will mean first week will be 8 days long so hoping for a good weight loss.

am going on holiday to Teneriffe 4 weeks on sunday. want to be able to eat - even if it is very sensibly etc. my pharmacist says i should be on the diet for a minimum of 4 weeks . but i have heard that this will not give me enough time to refeed. any ideas?:confused:
Hı Poppy
great news on ypour 10lb loss. pleased for you. How ıs T doıng
havıng a lovely holıday just thought you should know. Trısh

Back