advice re superfree food on Extra Easy

lucylis

started yesterday with sw and decided to follow EE! heres what I have eaten today

breakfast Activa fat free yoghurt x2 bannana and mandarin
snack: mandarin
lunch cous cous(homemade no fat) plenty of mixed salad added! home made dressing with fat free yoghurt garlic and corriander. 100g ham
mid afternoon: mug shot 1% and mandarin
tea: sw chips, gammon steak(no fat) carrot and turnip and snap peas

i then went for a long walk and was hungry on return, realised i hadn't had any healthy extras so I had 3 danish ww bread toasted with 3 laughing cow lights and one tomatoe. but now I am panicking that I haven't had any superfree with it! but dont want to go eat fruit now! have I done it wrong? have u got to eat a third with everything? or just main meals?:confused::confused:

i think it sounds fine. i think if you have had 1/3 superfree with each meal and have 1/3 superfree with most snacks then its fine. forcing fruit down when you dont really want it isnt necessary.

i tend to have 1/3 superfree with all meals and snacks but ill occasionally have an evening snack with no superfree and if i have say a hot chocolate, i wouldnt have superfree with that either.

dont get to bogged down with worrying about the 1/3 rule, its there to fill you up with low calorie foods and keep you satisfied for longer. as long as you have 1/3 the majority of the time you will be fine.

it is only a recommendation hun but i think it is just recommended with meals

i think everyone is different, it made a difference with me so i changed to red/green. i do feel for the majority it works tho

I understand the 1/3 SF rule just applies to your main meals of the day. If you can't incorporate it onto your plate then just have fruit for dessert and try to snack on fruit if you need to between meals.

Please don't shoot me for saying this but unless you really don't like ANY veggies at all then I don't see how anyone can struggle with this rule. :confused:

I have 2 friends that both do EE and are both steadily losing weight - the first one will only eat tinned carrots and frozen garden peas so she has at least half a plate full of those with her evening meal and just has a couple of pieces of fruit with her lunch and breakfast.

The other one lives on a very tight budget so she buys 2 or 3 bags of value frozen veg every week and has those every evening. Again, she'll have fruit after her breakfast and lunch.

Don't worry about not getting a big variety of foods into your diet, as long as you're getting the 1/3 quantity then it doesn't matter what the content is.

thank you! eating veg isn't a problem, its just because I didn't have my healthy extras so had toast! going to try incorporate it into meals tho I think!
I love veg of every variety! tonight I am having roasted peppers and onions with piri piri seasoning! and sugar snap peas! having it with sw garlic chips and chicken fillet stuffed with laughing cow light and wrapped in parma ham :) can't wait he he!

for lunch I had low fat sweet chilli noodles with lots of dry fried peppers, onions and seafood... it was yummy :)

breakfast I had 1 slice of ww danish brown bread with lots of tomatoes and mushrooms on it then an apple :)

auntynet no need to shoot ya ! it didnt work for me but works for others. i find i eat more on EE as the 2 extra HE's on the green plan fill me more than the 1/3 salad and veg rule (if that makes sense) on EE i pigged big style despite the salad/veg.but having the nice healhy extras (2 whole ones) i find it works

felicity62 said:
auntynet no need to shoot ya ! it didnt work for me but works for others. i find i eat more on EE as the 2 extra HE's on the green plan fill me more than the 1/3 salad and veg rule (if that makes sense) on EE i pigged big style despite the salad/veg.but having the nice healhy extras (2 whole ones) i find it works

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have been doing sw since may. Really struggling at moment and have only lost 10lb in that time but have had an all inclusive holiday in which I gained 4lbs! Have been doing ee plan but really don't think it works for me although I enjoyed doing it and it's so convenient fitting into family meals.food optimised 100 percent last week and gained 1lb! So it's back to basics now and back to red and green. Feels like week one again, here goes!

I just make sure I try 1/3 Super Free Food with all my meals, wouldn't worry about the snacks.
It took a few days of getting used to but I seem to be able to judge that i'm eating the right stuff.
I guess it's whatever works for you

you had a tomato with your toast, that superfree anyway, but agree with all above, well done sounds like a good day x

Back