aeroplane worry!

large_lump

hi guys! I fly to Rhodes in 2 weeks and have decided now to panic about fitting in the seat on the flight!! I haven't flown for years and can't remember what my size was back then. Can anyone give me a rough idea of dress size/weight where you weren't having to ask for an extension belt? Im a size 20 mainly, weighing 17st 3.
Obviously I'll ask for an extension if need be but want to be prepared!

Size 18 273lbs and it fit and had a little more room left.

Size 24, with a big butt.... was ok on the way out with Easyjet, and it did up but no spare room on the way back. It was def smaller on the way back, I didn't eat that much that I'd grown lol
British Airways, was fine too.
I guess you'll be fine without an extension, but safety first plz, please ask if you will feel better with a extender. The crew get asked all the time, they don't care! I intend to ask next week if I need it :D

Ps have a fab time!

Well I'm a size 28 and the seat belts don't fit me. There about 2 inches too short. You can get belt extensions but I've always been too embarrassed to ask for one. Instead I pretend I have it on and no one has ever said anything. I'm sure you'll be fine :d

I cant believe anyone would risk not having a seat belt just because they dont want to ask for an extender. large_lump PLEASE dont think thats in any way a good idea. its a shocking idea. PLEASE ask for an extender if you need it

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I'll be ok then! Don't worry starlight, I'll ask if I need one! Just wanted to be prepared!

Seat belts don't fit me so I always ask for an extension as I board the aircraft. No one takes any notice and I feel better as I don't need to panic.

Irene xx

I flew at about 16 stone and didn't need an extension. It did worry me but I think flight attendants do so much work they are asked many times so the embarrassment is on our part not anything new to them. :) Hope you enjoy your holiday.. don't let the flight spoil it. :)

When I was 15 stone I didn't need an extension, after the 15 stone mark i did but i carry alot of weight on my tummy. Honestly it'll be alright. :) I had to ask for an extension last year and they were quiet and polite about it. I'm on holiday this sunday for a week and know i'll need an extension again.

~Laura~ said:
I was in no way suggesting that that was a good idea, mearly stating what I did. I even said that you can get extensions

Dont Worry, I think some people tend to over react and make a mountain out of a mole hil :) as far as I know the flight attendants ask us to put seat belts on during take off and landing, you dont have to keepp it on during the flight! And I dont.. I only use when told its needed like I mentioned. Anyway, you did say that there are extensions available.. So no biggg! Some ppl honestlyyyy :D

Starlight said:
You really think someone saying they dont use a seatbelt in a plane is no big deal???

you really know how to twist and turn things :)) let me clear thatagai as you didnt read what I said properly!! Air cabin crew ONLY ask u wear a seatbelt during take off and landing, in between ur allowed to have it off aslong as ur seated sensibly,so NO I dont think its a big deal to not have a belt on after the plane is flying safely n stable. Seriously please the world has bigger problems and ur fussed about a seatbelt its silly!

Back