After i left

Rickard71

Miss LT

:eek: Hi guys hope your all well, after I had to leave LT last week I decied to weigh myself this morning and Im Gutted with a capital G to say ive gained 3.5lb...

Have been following the SW diet but dont understand why i havent had a loss ... :cry:

Im only joining SW this evening but i have been following it, as i was at the class before

It's totally normal to gain on your first week on SW etc after a VLCD. Don't panic. A lot of it will be water etc. I bet you lose next week :)

It'll be your glycogen stores replenishing - not fat. When you return to eating carbs, this is inevitable and normal. If you consider 1lb of fat consists of around 3500 cals, you'll see that you'd have had to consume more than 12,000 calories over and above your needs to gain 3.5lb of fat. Unlikely if you were following the SW diet carefully.

Don't worry - you'll start seeing a loss soon :)

It'll be your glycogen stores replenishing - not fat. When you return to eating carbs, this is inevitable and normal. If you consider 1lb of fat consists of around 3500 cals, you'll see that you'd have had to consume more than 12,000 calories over and above your needs to gain 3.5lb of fat. Unlikely if you were following the SW diet carefully.

Don't worry - you'll start seeing a loss soon :)

Yep - exactly that! :D Remember, for every pound of glycogen your body stores, it also retains 3 or 4 pounds of water. Don't feel bad about it at all - you'll settle down in no time...

Hugs,
Marianne x

Worked it out lastnight, my scales (Digital) and the LT consultants (manual) scales were weighing different, but my scales and SWs are the exact same. SO when starting LT i weighed in at 17st 3lb on MY scales, BUT on the LT scales i was 16st 13lb, so lastnight on mine and SWs i weighed 16.3. So ive REALLY gone from 17.3 to 16.3 on MY scales... So i think il stick by my own as id be all over the place trying to think...

Back