after lipotrim

lil lady

hi

Just wondering what most ppl do after lipotrim to help maintain there new weight, weightwatchers . . .

thanks

I am thinking slimming world myself.....done them all in the past but SW looks easier and I know a few people on it

I'm planning to follow a low GI diet as the aim of Lipotrim is to keep insulin production level. Slimming world is good for weight loss BUT - it doesn't address portion control and the reason that we are all here is seldom that we ate small portions of the wrong foods, it's often because we ate enormous portions of the right stuff! That is certainly the case where I am concerned. I have bought a 'Portion Plate' from an internet auction site and when you see the amount that we should be eating - it seems like a childs portion after the vast amounts that I was eating.

Plus, I really don't want to be dieting for the rest of my life. I want to be able to adopt a healthy eating plan that enables occasional treats and Christmases without stupid weight gain and the misery that it brings with it. I have loved being on this diet and being in control of my life for once - not letting food rule my life (or alcohol) and I would like to think that I will be able to eat sensibly for the rest of my life. I feel so great having lost all this weight; I want to make the right choices, portion wise and as well as the type of foods I eat, without even thinking about it. Only then will I have finally completed my journey.

All the very best to you. xXx

I'm going to do the Paul McKenna thing - I've done it before in the past and it worked really well for me until I gave up on it for some stupid reason I can't even remember! I think I forgot to listen to the CD a couple of times, and got out of the good habits before they were properly instilled in me. Don't want to be on a diet for the rest of my life! I want to be able to make the right choices instinctively. :)

hey im gona use slimming world monday to saturday then a day off every sunday, i was on lsiiming world for 3 weeks before i came back here and maintaned so gona use it after

slimming world also.. and sensible portions..

andf im not letting my husband cook my meals..

he dont understand and thats how i got like this in the first place.....

:eek:

Whats this slimming world is about?

I know loads of people who swear by Slimming World Miss D, and it's a great diet. However, it didn't really work for me. Dunno if it's still the same but when I did it it was about food combining and basically you could have a red day (where you ate mainly meat/protein) or a green day (where you ate mainly pasta/rice/carbs). You could always have unlimited veg/fruit on either day. Then you got 21 "syns" per week (treat type things , fats and bread etc). I found for me that I ended up having monster sized portions (which didn't prepare me for the real world), and that it was too restricitve long term. I'm better when I can factor in more treats and mix food types together, that's why WW was better for me. Progress was too slow on WW though, and my willpower isn't the best, which is why I'm now on LT!!! Drastic times call for drastic measures! :rolleyes:

I have to agree with fab clara. Slimmimg world never worked well for me either. I think if you go down the slimming club route you fall into either the weight watchers or slimming world camp. Personally I love WW but it does come off too slowly especially if you have a lot to loose like me. I do think from a maintainance perspective it is the best option (but that really is just my view) as it provides you with all the knowledge you need on long term healthy eating, healthy recipies healthy alternatives and portion control. There is no restrictions either. You can eat what you want, just control the portion size and if you over-indulge onone day or weekend or week even you just reign it back in the next week. If your good 80% of time, you can be a little naughty the other 20%. It's also really flexible as you can attend the traditional meetings once a week or do it on-line if that suits your life-style better. I plan to go straight back there as soon as i get to goal on LT. Hope that wasn't too preachy or long winded. The magazines are a good place to start for more info. Bothe SW and WW have monthly mag.
xxxxx

I'm going to do the Paul McKenna thing - I've done it before in the past and it worked really well for me until I gave up on it for some stupid reason I can't even remember! I think I forgot to listen to the CD a couple of times, and got out of the good habits before they were properly instilled in me. Don't want to be on a diet for the rest of my life! I want to be able to make the right choices instinctively. :)

i have this paul mckenna thing but never stook with it, does it really work

It genuinely did work for me, although you do have to stick with it. It appeals to the logic in me! Needless to say I didn't stick with it... However, after the eye opening experience of LT I reckon it'll be a walk in the park!

hehe yeah, well ill be doing that too, i was even thinking of using it while on LT so i dont crave foods, but prob be piontless as it about controling what you eat, hah we dont......but i will use it after, i love his books and cds, i used the stop smoking one along with my champix when i stopped 6 weeks ago, only for first week mind, hes great

even of they dont work, i love lying in the dark, headfones on with his cds, it really chills me out

I'm in Arntyjax's camp. For me LT was the solution, and now I've reached goal am not intending to do any other diets. I actually don't like diets that is why I picked LT in the first place. I didn't have to think about food. On my LT journey I had a good break from food and meals and this for me was my starting point on my new healthy eating lifestyle. Am sure all of us know that it isn't rocket science - only eat what you need to eat (all that input output stuff).... LT stopped my eating train and gave me time to re programme my brain into a newer eating lifestyle.

However, I am still using a food focus site to monitor my cal/prot/carb/fat intake until I feel absolutely confident on what works and what doesn't. I feel like and look like a new woman.

LT has given me the gift to be me again.

Lisa x

Back