Total Solution afternoon tea

weewun

Hi Everyone

I am back on exante and determined this year to lose the almost 4 stone to get down to the middle of my BMI. This site is very inspiring as well as supportive so thank you for helping me take the plunge. Today is my first day but in 10 days time (25th Feb) one of my best friends and her new boyfriend are treating me to afternoon tea at a posh hotel in london. She didn't know I was thinking of starting exante, and her boyfriend has generously paid for it now as a treat. He has never met me What do I do? I can't really let them down do you think I should take some carb control tablets from boots/healthfood shop? Or should i put it down as a blip and continue again with exante the next day.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Many thanks

I personally wouldn't let them down because you can't avoid everything for the entirety of this diet its a good challenge and you can use it to see how your thinking has changed about food, also I wouldn't take those tablets. You can base what you eat and drink around the diet, there are recipes on here that are Exante safe that will give you an idea of what you can/cant have. Then the day after you can get straight back to it.

If it's something you cant get out of then go out and enjoy yourself for the afternoon but get straight back on exante, dont use that one little tea as an excuse to eat for the whole day or anything.
If it were me then I would still have my 3 exante packs and the tea (it's not like it's a full meal is it, just teeny cakes and stuff!) and carry on as normal.

Thanks guys for your posts, I didn't want to let them down because obviously it was such a nice thing to do plus my friends boyfriend wanted to meet me (and me him) - he is also travelling 75 miles for this. I am just worried because I didn't expect something like this to happen so soon into the new diet. I shall eat sensibly and snack more on the finger sandwiches than the pastries.
Thanks again
x

Back