Ah, found it

bigmark66

Sorry, was posting in the diary section.

Anyone tell me why gravy is taboo?

It looks like a low carb relatively per serving.

Roast lamb tonight, sick of eating it dry ( and without spuds, yorkies, pease and carrots).

Mark (very new here)

Only because it has flour - even if low total carbs the flour can set off cravings. Easy to make using cream instead of flour - then you can enjoy to your hearts content:)

Oh yes - and have you tried celeriac yet - either chipped, baked or mash - so much better than parsnps and potatoes now from my perspective:)

Kat1e said:
Oh yes - and have you tried celeriac yet - either chipped, baked or mash - so much better than parsnps and potatoes now from my perspective:)

Thanks I'll have a try.

Ironically my wife's trying a veggie diet so I'm having her meat but she's not crazy about potatoes so celeriac might be good for both of us.

Thx

Mark

Kat1e said:
Only because it has flour - even if low total carbs the flour can set off cravings. Easy to make using cream instead of flour - then you can enjoy to your hearts content:)

Fortunately I seem to have no genuine cravings, not physical ones anyway so I gambled, had a drizzle of gravy, made all the difference. An hour later, no cravings so that is that test sorted.

MJ

Watch for next day cravings - mine usually show up as being unusually hungry or prowling around wanting something to nibble - but all the following day:eek:

I can recommend celeriac I make it with spices and bake for a little while, strangely satisfying. Don't overlook other veggies that can be roasted in the oven. Experiment, Experiment.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back