Extra Easy Ahem, er, delicate issue - tummy trouble..

pinkcustard

How do i say this without grossing you out or giving you too much information? Since changing my diet on sw i seem to now get periods of really really painful stomach cramps, normally at night and ow! I've looked online and i'm guess its a IBS/trapped wind issue - nice.. What i'm wondering is has anyone else found this, and has anyone got suggestions of food i might avoid for a while which might be making it worse. I follow EE with the odd green day and my first option is to step back from my best friend broccoli for a while! Gross, i know, but any suggestions wud be appreciated!

Snap - What a nightmare last week but I think it was all the veg and fruit that shocked my system :) Especially parsnips .... If it helps I seem to be better over the last couple of days ..... I think it is my body getting used to having to work a bit harder processing all this good stuff. I bought some windeze which helped :) x

windeeze - such a glamorus name! lol! I think i shall look out for these - i seem to ok for ages then something sets it off but i cant work out what starts it!

Maybe if you upped your fibre ??

I'm the same but as I've always eaten heaps of fruit and veg I'm a little concerned. Keeping a food diary with times to show the dr next week. As the only difference in my diet now is less takeaways and cheese nothing else is much different but most meals are leaving me in pain.

If its trapped wind then nothing particular will set it off. However if its IBS is could be some random food substance that sets it off, bread seems to be the most popular one.

i also noticed this with me too
i love fruit and veg, but im starting to pin point what triggers my belly ache and gives me wind
onions
brocc
grapes
citrus fruits

but yes i agree if im bloated at night i take a winzees and im fine by the morning unless i eat a trigger food during the day

I often get this (athough not been too bad recently). I am convinced its a combination of things -
Not enough fat in my diet (slimming world your obv going for the lean meats, saving on fat etc). I seem to be going more recently since I started eating more eggs which obv helps keep the good fats higher.

The other issue I think is not enough water, if i need to go but cant i force myself to drink plenty of fluids (that normally helps).

I actually think green days are harder as you get less fibre (or i do) as i eat more pasta (and i go for the white pasta, white rice, noodles and potatoes haha)

I practically live on broccoli and grapes! I probably have one or the other, if not both every day! But i dont get the belly ache every day - i do need to drink more though, must try harder with that but if it not a cup of tea, i'm not really bothered lol!

Bread used to be a nightmare for me but thanks sw it gave me a good excuse to cut out these things?

How long u been on sw? Maybe your body is still adjusting ESP if you ate loads of crap before

Back