1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Day Ainsley Harriot's Crab & Coconut Cakes

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by toliveordiet?, 21 August 2009 Social URL.

1. toliveordiet?

toliveordiet? Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Ainsley Harriot's Crab & Coconut Cakes
    Serves 4
    10 syns total on Red Day (2.5 syns per person)

12oz white crab meat, squeezed to remove any excess moisture
    5oz firm white fish (cod/haddock/coley) skinned and boned
    1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
    1 tbsp oyster sauce
    2 garlic cloves crushed
    1 medium egg, beaten
    1oz unsweetened desiccated coconut
    1 red finger chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
    4 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
    3 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
    salt and freshly ground white pepper

1. Cut the fish into chunks and check that no bones have been left behind. Place the fish into a food processor with the Thai fish sauce, oyster sauce, garlic and some salt and pepper. Process for a few seconds until it has formed a rough paste.
    2. Add the crab meat and the egg and process again for just a few seconds until well blended.
    3. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and mix in the coconut, chilli, spring onions and coriander
    4. Shape the mixture into 8 x 3" patties.
    5. Cook over medium-hot coals or under a grill for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. stephie0611

stephie0611 needs to focus!!!!

Start Weight:
    Slimming World
    i take it i would be able to coat this with couscous ok? xx

i just can't think how crab meat is bought in the shops, can only think of tins of it, if thats right, anybody know? xx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.