Airfryer

Ive just bought my airfryer! Im so excited!!

Has anyone got recommendations other than chips? Do they make amazing chips? Do you use fry lite still?

Thanks!! :)

I use fry light in mine - so far I've done potato / sweet potato chips, parsnips, carrots, roast potatoes, quorn sausages - and they've all been yum! Haven't ventured into putting anything 'wet' in there yet.

Are airfryers worth getting? I'm tempted but my OH is all "DO WE NEED ONE?!" - I can't blame him I came back with a giant wooden seahorse last weekend because I 'needed it'.

So I want to present him with a firm business case for this purchase haha

Are airfryers worth getting? I'm tempted but my OH is all "DO WE NEED ONE?!" - I can't blame him I came back with a giant wooden seahorse last weekend because I 'needed it'.

So I want to present him with a firm business case for this purchase haha

Haha. Im sure if you make him a big bowl of "proper" chips hell be well into it! Haha. I bought one on ebay pretty cheap! Just waiting for it to arrive!! X

I use fry light in mine - so far I've done potato / sweet potato chips, parsnips, carrots, roast potatoes, quorn sausages - and they've all been yum! Haven't ventured into putting anything 'wet' in there yet.

So excited now. Haha. Chips and EVeRYTHing! People are gonna be even more like, how are you dieting ?!! X

Ordered mne it will be here tomorrow - just off to see if there is an airfryer recipe thread :D

(Despite OH's complaints that the fryer would have to live where the coffee machine *I* won't agree to could go, the promise of chips won out haha)

I have just ordered the breville halo fryer , i believe its similar to the actifry,,, thought i'd give it ago , it had some good reviews and was a cheaper option ,, fingers crossedx

I nearly bought that one as it was 'cuter' but I thought the tefal one would store easier lol

Ordered mne it will be here tomorrow - just off to see if there is an airfryer recipe thread :D

(Despite OH's complaints that the fryer would have to live where the coffee machine *I* won't agree to could go, the promise of chips won out haha)

Chips over coffee any day!!

Airfryer is the most used item in kitchen.
Had mine 3 years.
I make burgers. Chops. Chips . Peppers and onions in it
Anything non wet u can make in oven you can do in this.
Add spices to chips for extra flavour.
Use a foil tray for wet things

Airfryer is the most used item in kitchen.
Had mine 3 years.
I make burgers. Chops. Chips . Peppers and onions in it
Anything non wet u can make in oven you can do in this.
Add spices to chips for extra flavour.
Use a foil tray for wet things

Oooh i never even thought about onions!!

I am so excited. I cant wait til it gets here!! :)

Ours is a success - only actually tried potatoes in varying sizes in it so far but it makes lovely free chips!!

I wouldnt be without mine. I do roast potatoes more than chips. Delish...

Both Lucie

I use the slow cooker for days when I am too busy to spend the time cooking, then the airfryer is just so good for things like chips, wedges, sausages since I got the two when we moved into the new house I just cant believe I lived without them so long!

haha why are you doing this to my bank balance! I think both will probably end up getting purchased when the OH and I move back in together! Slow cooker isn't too bad, seen that for £20 or so but the actfry is a bit more!! The tefal 2 in 1 one looks good! xx

I would advise the 6.5l slow cooker, cause then you can fit in large chickens or lumps of meat as well as batch cook, I make chilli in it and it makes 8 portions which is handy for the freezer. Thats what I did, we moved in together in December after both living with our folks. And we had saved up and bought all the gadgets we wanted. I got a mini food processor which is just epic for curry pastes and blitzing fresh herbs

Back