alcohol advice

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by nimi, 6 January 2009 Social URL.

1. nimi

nimi Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    :)im on ss day 2 in 6 weeks time im going out on my hen night so i want a drink lol
    whats the best thing to do before i go out as i have heard the dangers of alcohol and ketosis?
    after the night out im going straight back onto ss

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vampalicious

vampalicious Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st5.8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11.3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.3lb(6.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    i ate some chips on the day of my night out, and some prawns and i had over 6 pints and was fine!
    i had read that its not actually been in ketosis that causes problems, its drinking on an empty stomach,( when i was on atkins we was allowed to drink in ketosis)

4. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Best thing I can recommend is have a jacket potato the night before then a bit of toast for breakfast so you can be pretty sure you're still out of ketosis as I know some people can have carbs then be back in ketosis just a few hours later (lucky blighters!!!:p).

5. littlemissspendthrift

littlemissspendthrift impossible is nothing

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Xenical
    would 100% reccommend having something the night before..

i went out whilst still in ketosis.. i had proper porridge before i went out thinking it would line my stomach and knock me out of it but it didnt.

and i only had 2 glasses of wine and i was SO drunk i cant remember anything and i can normally drink BOTTLES of wine and not be that bad. so be careful... i thought people were being overly serious about the dangers of alcohol but i learnt first hand its very bad when in ketosis and doing sole source. if i hadnt have been out with such a good mate i dread to think what could have happened!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.