Alcohol and ketosis

fiojam

Focused & goin for goal!
Hi all, I know there is a sticky about this which I've read but I was just wondering...

if you wanted to have an alcoholic drink, if I knocked myself out of ketosis to have a drink, how long would it take to get back in to it? Would it take days??

I am at a wedding tomorrow and am quite worried! I have been TS for almost 3 weeks. There will be sandwiches and drinks at the wedding (it is a biker wedding in a beer tent!!). Now, I'm worried about coming out of ketosis from a weight loss point of view but I'm also thinking that it is going to be a very long day with nothing to eat or drink!

I am wondering if I should maybe plan to have a drink rather than plan not to and get caught out if you see what I mean. Would having a sandwich (at lunch time) at the wedding knock me out to drink or would I need to eat something much earlier (breakfast) to take effect later?

When I was doing CD & had a similar event I was recommended to eat 2-3 days before drinking to make sure I was definitely out of ketosis... It will probably take 2-3 days to get back into ketosis but if you get back on it tomorrow that's not to say you won't keep losing weight (if you can stomach the side effects again!). I'm assuming you'll be able to drink water there, and perhaps you could take a bar with you? I have a wedding coming up in 4 weeks & that's what my plan is because I don't want to come out of ketosis....

Hope you have a lovely day whatever you decide :0)

Thanks for the replies! Well, we went to the wedding, had a fab time! And I had............ diet coke and my bar! Didn't eat from the buffet and didn't need to drink. Nobody noticed or was bothered, I had a fab time and cake home feeling great that i stuck to my diet! Weigh in tomorrow :0)

Not sure if this will work but thought I'd add a couple of photies to prove what a fab time we had! :0)

My daughter and I in the wedding venue (Beer tent!) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151015524049739&l=e88432e2cb

Daughter, hubby and I at the evening do (got changed into something more comfortable!) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151015529634739&l=8d48405543

Well done you, great feeling to know you stayed on track :0) I like the sense of achievement from knowing you can have a good time without affecting your weight loss, good on you :0)

Back