Alcohol arghh....

AlmostThere85

I'm out next Friday night, I hardly drink anymore and I just looked up syns for alcohol. A spirit is 4syns a measure. That's 3 drinks if I want to stay in my 15syn allowance.

So for a night out that is a hard ask. Do you think the best idea is to treat it as a night off? Enjoy myself! And get back on track the day after. I shouldn't worry, I've been healthy eating since January and lost almost 50lbs so I shouldn't worry about one night.

We all deserve a good time.

What do you guys do on a girly night out?

I'm due to go out in a few weeks for a girlie night (don't get many now having a 3 month old!!) and to be honest I'm just going to enjoy myself and eat and drink what I fancy then get back on plan the next day.

I go out probably 2/3 times a month and have to say I don't count my drinks...what I do do though is save syns throughout the week (whether it's recommended or not).

You only live once, it's more of a lifestyle change for me and if I'm honest it was the food piling the weight on me, not the booze (though I'm sure it doesn't help). The only difference I make now is that I don't drink alcopops...I used to drink Smirnoff ice by the gallon but 9syns for a tiny bottle is not worth it so I guess I've taken some care with drink.

It's not like you go out all the time and you've done amazingly well. If it were me I'd go and enjoy myself then prepare myself for a gain, but in the meantime work your arse off to avoid one! Most importantly, have a good night!

I find its not necessarily the syns in the drinks itself that are the problem! More the things you want when and after you have been drinking. Make sure you have a low syn hangover cure in for the next day and/or something you can reheat in microwave like a curry in case you get the munchies so you dont end up getting a chinese or something.

Main thing is to get straight back on plan and drink plenty of water the next day to flush those toxins out.

Have a good night

I drink dry martini and soda now, you get a standard 50ml measure for 2.5syns. With soda and a squeeze of lemon its quite nice!

Thanks for the advice!

I never been a huge drinker. I'm thinking 4 or 5 drinks. Nothing crazy. And I'm not really bad (even before this yer) for eating on a night out. I usually eat before I go and at the most just have a slice of toast when I get in. Plus I have the weirdest hangovers ever. I don't usually end up eating until about 4 or 5 o clock. Just drink tea!!

So I think I'll just not worry about syns. Have a few drinks and a laugh. Then exercise double hard the following week!!! :)

don't panic about one night out.As the ladies have said before have a flexi night and drink lower sinned drinks.If you do go over the top just draw a line under it and start again the next day.Go and enjoy yourself.

Back