Alcohol In induction?

Ah... I wonder the same thing, but gin and diet tonics lol. I am expecting the answer is "no" and "it may stop you getting into ketosis" but I'll wait and see what someone more experienced says. Dr Atkins certainly says no alcohol in induction in his book! :(

The answer really is 'no' to this one. It will likely slow down your weightloss, yes. But if it's a special occasion then i'd say go for it, just try to moderate how much you have. The main problem with alcohol, besides any carbs in the drink, is that it is heavy on your liver and instead of metabolising fat your liver has to divert all it's resources to dealing with removing alcohol from your bloodstream instead. Besides the fact that this means fatburning could be put on the backburner by your body, it's just pretty hard going on your body/liver/kidneys - especially if you are in the first couple of weeks. Having said all that if it's a one off then i wouldn't worry, just prepare to be set back by a couple of days.

Oh, and just thought of something else too... if you are already in ketosis then alcohol can make you drunk faster than normal, so one drink might be enough to have a jolly night afterall, lol. Watch out for that, ;).

I am on week 3 and i have indulged in a few drinks here and there. Mainly vodka and coke zero, mind you i can literally only have a couple as it does have more affect. Not sure wether it knocked me out of ketosis and i couldn't tell you wether i put any weight on the next day as i haven't weighed myself, but my clothes are all looser and the tape measure never lies and i'm definitely still loosing inches noticeably!

I would avoid it for the first 2 weeks if you can. Even though most alcohol doesn't have carbs, it will burn the alcohol before any carbs, but saying that it never stopped me. Could make for a stall in some along with the citric acid in diet coke.

Back