Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Aldi sucralose sweetener, same as splenda?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by miss_emmajane, 17 February 2011 Social URL.

1. miss_emmajane

miss_emmajane Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am asking as I know some sweeteners have an ingredient which is bad for you - always gaved me headaches (though I can't remember said ingredients name!) and because of this I have stuck to Splenda.

I read that they are exactly the same, can anyone confirm this and that is the same ingredients as Splenda?

Sorry if this is daft but I just wanted to be sure :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    splenda contains maltodextrin and sucralose.

I would doubt they are exactly the same, as I would assume that exact measurements of those ingredients and they way various brands are produced will differ slightly, but a sucralose based sweetener will definately be close.

Last edited: 17 February 2011
  4. Flabulous

Flabulous Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.28%)
    Yes, they are exactly the same, with the exact same ingredients but Aldi is half the price of Splenda, so a good result. :)

5. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

Good to know, thanks!

6. sarah5298a1

sarah5298a1 Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    the sweetner that is bad for you is called Aspartame, its also in diet drinks, even in some flavoured waters

Artificial Sweeteners Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - Aspartame: What are the cons on MedicineNet

check this out. it can cause headaches, dizziness, anxiety, some even say it can cause bowl cancer - apparently over time it slowly poisons you???? i'm no doctor so i wouln't know but i do try to stay awat from artificial sweetners were poss. i use splenda if i need to use sweetner as it has natural products i didnt know aldi did one i shall buy some next time i'm there :)

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  8. Micci

Micci Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    VEGAN SW infuenced by Martha Beck and IOWL
    Tesco do a sucralose based sweetener too

9. Flabulous

Flabulous Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.28%)
    I once ate some Werthers, no sugar (aspartame filled) sweets and I blew up like a balloon. I was so full of wind and blubber I had to stay home! I also experienced this with SlimFast.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.