• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Alerts

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
S: 82.55kg C: 80.29kg G: 69.85kg BMI: 24 Loss: 2.3kg(2.75%)
Alerts

Alerts are a really useful feature to keep track of new content on MiniMins. Lets start with how you globally set what you are alerted to.

alerts subscribe to threads automatically with email.png

This is available under your username at the top right and then tap on "Alerts".

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you you reply....

Keep this ticked. This is very very useful so everytime you post you are subscribed to the thread and all its update. I will show you how to subscribe/unsubscribe to individual threads.

and recieve email notifications of replies

This means the system will automatically email you as soon as a reply is made on this thread. You can keep this enabled or you can disable it. This is your choice to turn it off. It is on by default.

Emails from MiniMins are from [email protected] or [email protected] (I am transitioning to minimins.email to separate them from the main site).

The next two:

Automatically watch media / Albums and recieve email is in relation to the photogallery here: https://www.minimins.com/media/ and do the same as the first two except they apply to the photogallery.

Use the rich text editor to create and edit

This is the editor, I would advise keeping this on unless your a geek and like looking at the code that makes up the post!

Show people's signature with their messages

If you are on a phone reading the site and cannot see my signature rotate it side ways :)

You might disable this if you want pages to load faster but I have never found the site slow yet.

Show your online status

This shows your status online. You might notice the green tick on some avatars which indicates that that person is online. These people have set their status to on.

If you do not wish people to see if your on MiniMins turn it off.

Show your current activity

If you want members to see your online but not where within MiniMins untick this box.

Watched Threads

You can change your thread subscription (do you get alerts for it, email) even if you did not post on that thread you can keep a watch on it.

Here you can elect individual threads to email you as soon as their is a reply.

At the top of the thread you will see "Watch Thread" or if you are watching it already "Unwatch Thread"

When you tap on it you will get a box similar to this one:

watch threads.png

Select here which way to watch it, with or without email.

If you are watching the thread already you will have to unwatch the thread and then re-watch the thread with your new options.

Email from the forum comes from [email protected]

To find your watched threads tap watched threads at the top right.

watch threads where to find them.png

This will list your threads that you are watching. If no threads are showing you have no new content, tap "Show all watched threads" at the bottom and that will show all the threads you are subscribed to..

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!