All Bran Red Berry Crunch??

Does anyone know if there are syns in All Bran Red Berry Crunch or can it be counted as HEXB on EE? xx

These are the ingredients:

Wheat Bran (25%), Sugar, Rice Flour, Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oil, Maize Flour, Freeze Dried Fruits (3%) (Strawberry, Raspberry), Salt, Skimmed Milk Powder, Flavouring, Barley Malt Extract, Emulsifiers (Sunflower Lecithin, Soy Lecithin), Ammonium Bicarbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Dextrose, Vitamins & Minerals: Niacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12

Sugar is the second ingredient, and there is oil in there too, and flour of various kinds. So I doubt if it would be a healthy extra (well, I wouldn't call it a healthy anything!) or syn-free.

Not on my list of H Ex. App says 5 syns for 25g x

Sadly there is no substitute for getting out the magnifying glass and reading the ingredients lists on packets. They are listed so that the biggest ingredient comes first then the rest in order. So seeing something with sugar as a third ingredient, as in this case, should set off warning signals. Also anything with flour in it will have syns.

The other thing we need to look out for is sugar in disguise - for instance, in this case, there is Barley Malt Extract, which is a type of sugar.

No more syns for me today then! :( Had SW chips with Chilli salt for a snack then a big bowl of summer berries and for dinner (I finish work at 10 so wont get till 11 oclock) it will be 2 ryvitas with extra light laughing cow and cherry tomatoes and spinach xx

These are the ingredients:

Wheat Bran (25%), Sugar, Rice Flour, Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oil, Maize Flour, Freeze Dried Fruits (3%) (Strawberry, Raspberry), Salt, Skimmed Milk Powder, Flavouring, Barley Malt Extract, Emulsifiers (Sunflower Lecithin, Soy Lecithin), Ammonium Bicarbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Dextrose, Vitamins & Minerals: Niacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Folic Acid, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12

Sugar is the second ingredient, and there is oil in there too, and flour of various kinds. So I doubt if it would be a healthy extra (well, I wouldn't call it a healthy anything!) or syn-free.

Hey everyone, I'm new, but I was wondering about this topic as well. We got a free box of this cereal "All-Bran Red Berry Crunch" through our door, and I too thought maybe I could use it as a Healthy Extra. It isn't in the list.. however, All-Bran Golden Crunch IS in the HEx's as well as the All-Bran chocolate crunch. Now, from what I gather, from going to group, and reading through the Slimming World website, is that for something to be considered a Healthy Extra, it needs to have a certain amount of fibre. This Red Berry cereal has the SAME fibre content as the Golden crunch, and it also has 1g (per 100g) MORE than the chocolate one. And the chocolate one is on the HEx list, so surely the Red Berry one would/should be allowed???

Back