All kinds of messed up

tiny1983

Hi people

Started LT today, got through the day with no problems to be honest. My appetite has gone anyway so figured it was a good time to start! My gf of 4.5 years ended the relationship on Saturday morning, I feel like an absolutely broken man. She says I need to change, and the hurtful thing is, she's right. We didn't have a love life because I'm to self bleeding conscious about my body, and I've driven her away. I feel like my life has been completely turned upside down, I love that woman more than life.

So I figured I'd start LT today, sorry for the moan but didn't know what else to put. I'm here for the long haul, 26st, want to be 16-17st. Hopefully we can help each other.

Jonny.

Hey Jonny, so sorry to hear that. Nothing kills an appetite quite like heartbreak! :( it sounds like you've decided to make some really positive changes in your life so that's a great first step. I know it sounds cheesy but it's important for you to love yourself if u want anybody else to! You sound like a lovely guy, just get that confidence back and you won't know yourself. As for the future who knows what awaits, will look a hell of a lot better when you've lost the weight tho trust me! The best of luck with the diet, we're always here if you need a rant! ;-) Sarah

Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated. It's all very raw at the moment and I'm struggling, I suppose losing this weight is the only positive thing going on at the moment

Here goes day two. Good luck everyone.

Hiya Jonny, really good luck, do this for YOU though, not in the vain hope of winning someone back, I know that may seem harsh right at this moment, but if she didnt love you for you then she didnt deserve your love back, none of us want someone that only wants us if X Y and Z are adhered to.

Draw a line in the sand and step over it, behind the line is the old you and the gone relationship, now look straight ahead and never look back at your line again ( and try never to step back over it), ahead is an adventure waiting to happen, and you will go into that adventure making positive changes, and then when you are ready there will always be someone willing to share this adventure with you. Good luck and lets us know how you get on xxxx

Thanks dizzy means a lot. Right now I feel I don't want to draw the line and I want my dreams
back, hopefully I'll get to the point where I can draw that line. I have a holiday booked in September than I booked for her, a trip to dollywood for 3 weeks, we invited my parents to, I just don't know if I can go in that now tbh, feel like I need to concentrate on getting this weight off, then when Xmas rolls around I'll be there I hope.

Ok. Halfway through day 2, going fine, I'm hungry but not tempted. Surely the feeling on my finish day will taste better than anything I can buy on my lunch today!! Hope everyone's doing ok today, it'll be worth it peeps.

Ok. Halfway through day 2, going fine, I'm hungry but not tempted. Surely the feeling on my finish day will taste better than anything I can buy on my lunch today!! Hope everyone's doing ok today, it'll be worth it peeps.

totally agree, but still hard, we all know how you are feeling right now! BUT imagine how you will feel on weigh in x

Thanks again dizzy, I heard this place was supportive and I need it right now. Looks like the rumours are true!

Hiya hun just want to say welcome and wish you well on your journey :)

I'm sorry about your break up but think how good you'll look/feel after a few weeks on lipotrim.

xox

Tiny welcome!!!
Reach my 3 week mark tomorrow and I wouldn't be pass 3 days if it wasn't for this forum, n mainly the friends I have made on the thread I started called new starter, we just congregate on there n share our thoughts, traumas n struggles!!!!
If I lose 4 pounds tomorrow that means I have lost 2 stone in 3 weeks - what other diet can that happen???! I feel great!
Lastly sorry to hear about ur break up, it's always hard, but full salute to u for addressing it, time does heal n while ur healing ur slimming as well :)
Good luck with everything xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks again people. I'm finding the relationship ending much harder to deal with than the lipotrim to be fair, maybe it's a good diversion? The feeling is one I've never felt before, absolutely gutting feeling. Hey ho onward and upward.

Hi Jonny, so sorry to hear about your relationship coming to an end. Maybe it's not my place to say this as I don't know the ins and outs, but if she ended a relationship that had such a long standing on the basis of your weight alone then perhaps you can do better - once you've been on LT for a while and you start to get your confidence back, hopefully you'll feel able to start looking for someone new who will accept you for who you are and not want to change you. Make sure you want to do LT for yourself and not for anybody else, that's really important. I completely agree with Dizzy - don't see it as a desperate attempt to win back your girlfriend, see it as the start of a new chapter of happiness in your life.

This forum is full of supportive, amazing people and we're all here to back you up. We're here for the good times and bad. Stick at LT and stay strong, and I promise amazing things will happen.

You seem like a really lovely guy and I wish you the absolute best of luck. Any time it starts to get difficult, especially during the first few days which are often the worst, just remind yourself why you're doing this and how much you want it. The vast majority of us got here by having some level of food addiction, but the abstinence from food that LT forces on you truly does help and the results you get doing this are fast and very motivating.

I hope all goes well for you Jonny. I truly feel for you and want you to succeed.

Kozza x

Last edited:
Wow. Fantastic post, thanks a lot. I know you're right in what your saying but to get my brain to think the same thing is another story! All I've got on my mind 24/7 is the possibility of living my life without her, something I never thought I'd be facing. Lipotrim at the moment is a good sidetrack, and thank fully something that will help me in the long term too!

Back