alli anyone?

teetiefunk

Gold Member
Is anyone taking alli here? ive almost been taking it a week now and I have been quite good at sticking to the recommended fat intake etc and I feel like I have lost a little bit. I was reading on another forum that since Alli has been back on the market after disappearing for a bit, people have found it no longer works as well?? I was thinking this myself because yesterday I had meal out of risotto which had goats cheese crumbled on top and I thought oh no!! im definitely going to have problems...but Ive had nothing!! obviously I cant be sure that what I ate was over on fat but Im guessing it must have been! I just dont want to have spend 40 quid on something thats not working. x

Well, this forum is about Orlistat, which is the prescription version of Alli (twice the strength) and I've been taking that for 18 months. I find I have to eat bucketloads too much fat to get any adverse effects, things that some people say affect them do absolutely nothing bad to me, so I suppose its effects must vary from person to person. :) xx

I looked at the alli section and read loads of people saying to post here instead as the other board wasnt busy. I think I may go to the docs to see if they will prescribe orlistat full strength. I just feel like I dont want to be paying out money if it doesnt work you know.

teetiefunk said:
I looked at the alli section and read loads of people saying to post here instead as the other board wasnt busy. I think I may go to the docs to see if they will prescribe orlistat full strength. I just feel like I dont want to be paying out money if it doesnt work you know.

I know what you mean. It's difficult to know how much it works, even the full strength version. I've lost 8 stone, but I've been calorie counting for 18 months, so I really don't know how much of that is down to the Orlistat. What I can say is that it certainly hasn't hurt! :) xx

Your gp will prescripe you orlistat if you are over 30 on the bmi chart.. I used orlistat 2-3 years ago and had the most ridiculous side effects! But... I asked to go back on them... My 3rd day and no side effects what so ever but i really was shocked that alli is so expensive! If you want to keep it up on the diet pills then go to the docs.xx:)

Lozziebaba, read around this forum and check out the Orlistat rules. If you stick to them you will have no side effects at all,

KB

Heya ive just brought some Alli too! I will start on Sunday though, my doctor wont prescribe me Orlistat the prescription one even though my bmi is 38!!! So i went and brought Alli. I sure hope it works too!! So il keep my eye on this thread x

I havent had any side effects.... Yet... sticking to a major low fat diet! Fruit and veg through the day and one main meal:) my fourth day done and no choci biscuits or chrisps:) was really craving a custard cream earlier but regutted the kitchen instead:) ive lasted this long without giving in must get easier from her xx

I havent had any side effects.... Yet... sticking to a major low fat diet! Fruit and veg through the day and one main meal:) my fourth day done and no choci biscuits or chrisps:) was really craving a custard cream earlier but regutted the kitchen instead:) ive lasted this long without giving in must get easier from her xx

Well Done! X hope u get a fab loss =]

Back