allowances for teenage son?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Annie68, 30 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Annie68

Annie68 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(14.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I hope someone can help me here.

My son wants to lose about 2 stone and is more than happy to do SW with me but can't get to class because he works. He's 19 yrs old.

I've tried the SW site including the student zone but can't find out about how many healthy extra a's and b's he can have and how many syns he should have.

anyone got any idea?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I'm not certain Annie, but I think at 19 there wouldn't be any extra allowances. I think the "free2go" programme for kids is up to 16 years old.

I know on that plan they don't weigh or measure anything at all and don't limit A's and B's but are encouraged to make healthier switches and limit "treats" or reduce them.

I think he should just follow the plan normally but really really fill up on the free foods.

4. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Jaylou is right Annie. He is classed as an adult so should hav the same He's as you. Wish him good luck and he will loose 2 stone in no time at all!

5. Annie68

Annie68 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(14.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks ladies. I thought the syns were the same but for some reason I thought they were allowed an extra HexB. No idea how that got into my head LOL

Bless him though.. he's just phoned from the butchers asking if I wanted some SW sausages bringing home (our butcher makes lovely syn free sausages). I said yeah, get a fiver's worth, he said no, I'll get a tenners worth, I'll eat them too LOL. I do freeze some btw, we won't pig them all in one go :D

6. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Awww thats considerate of him!!! I wish that our butcher did syn free sausages too!

7. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(29.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Because he is your baby! You hoped he could have extra...Awww. I bet his weight will DROP off, being male and young. Bless him.

8. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Hi hun, good luck to your boy, the weight will drop off him. I agree with everything said above and i would also suggest that he have his full15 syns per day as you is a young lad who will prob burn a lot of energy xx

9. craftylucyloo

craftylucyloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.3%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Blokes can have the extra 5 syns making 15 or an extra b choice can't they or they used to be able to. Hope all goes well for your son. x

10. Annie68

Annie68 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(14.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks folks.

He's a good lad. He's never given me any bother. If he gets drunk he stays at his girlfriends house so I don't see him in a state or throwing up LOL.

He should burn it off quite quick. He works full time and is also a guitarist in a band and they practice and gig quite a bit.

He was always a chubby kid but then slimmed down when he got to 17, then became legal to drink at 18 and whacked the weight back on again

He's not happy now being on stage the size he is, that's why he wants to lose it. Plus he wants to be a rock god! Kids eh LOL.

I think once he cuts the drink out and the pizza's he won't have to try too hard to get the weight off. I cook all his main meals, so he wants to eat the same meals as me. It's great to have a bit of support :)

craftylucyloo, maybe it was like that years ago and that's perhaps where I've got the idea that they could have more from.

Thanks again everyone :D

11. madhousemum

madhousemum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    wish your son luck for me hun plz xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.