Allysons weight loss journey

Hello everyone my name is Allyson ,I'm 32 mother of two
I am on a mission to go from 13.7 to 9.7 stones
By the summer this year I've spent the last year losing three stone on juice plus which wasn't working for me anymore so I've now switched to slimming world .
Any buddies would be appreciated
As new to this site excited for the journey ahead
Ps can't seem to upload my weight loss ticker can anyone help me ? xxxx

Welcome - looks like you have figured out the ticker :)

You have done really well so far - 3 stone is a fab amount on Juice Plus. I tried this a couple of years back, but just couldn't get on with it - I just was always too hungry. I think I need to actually eat something!!

I have only just started back - just coming to the end of my first week, fingers crossed. I'm 34, with a 4 year old son and currently have 5-6 stone to shift :eek: - we will get there, we just have to keep plugging away :p

Happy to buddy up for support

Michelle xx

Hi Michelle,I also have a four year old son too :) I would love to help each other on our journey
Being on juice plus really affected my hormones my PMS got worse and towards the end I felt dreadful I definately wouldn't reccomend it , I much prefer slimming world I'm enjoying lots of potatoes and pasta and my healthy extras and all the free and super free food
I haven't joined a group yet but intend to next Tuesday :) looking forward to getting my books and some hi fi bars when I did it years ago I really enjoyed those
I know we can do this
I'm
Hoping to be at target in August this year so that's 4 stone in four month ( Ish) lol
Just want to do this and get the rest of this flab off me it's making me so miserable
Today I've had slimming world peanut butter had jelly overnight oats ( 5 syns) for my brekkie
Will have crabstick salad and jacket potatoe for my dinner (2 syns ) and a slimming world ready meal and mullier light for my tea ( free )
Then for supper il finish off with an options white chocolate hot choc ( 2 syns )
So hoping the day will end at around 9 syns
Trying to keep them 10 or under at the moment see how I go
I'm. Also drinking loads of flavoured sugar free water :) xxxxxx

Ah - we will have all of the same challenges then!! is your little boy at school yet? Mine is a July baby and so he started in September - he seemed so tiny to be starting school but it has taken him a very short time to get into the swing of it - I actually am not sure where my baby has gone now with some of the things he has learnt in the playground :D

I have heard lots of people say that, although it works for the initial weight, Juice plus just didn't agree with them. I never had enough will power to keep at it anyway though! I love slimming world because I don't feel like I am depriving myself and can still eat things that fill me up like potatoes - there is nothing worse than feeling hungry all the time.

I ideally need to lose 6 stone :eek: to get me back to a weight that I recognise from before marriage and children, which seems an insurmountable target when you say it in one go, but I am breaking it down into little mini goals which seem easier to visualise - a bit!!!!

I've done ok today, with banana and mullerlight yogurt for breakfast, but then I forgot my lunch :banghead: so I have a mug shot in my drawer at work to tide me over until I get home. At least it is a short day for me today as I pick up the small so will be home by 3:30pm! Your breakfast sounds yummy - I might have to give that a try!

Looking forward to getting through the journey together - it will be nice to have some company :) xxx

Hi honey
My boy was a 6th of September baby and he missed out on school , he is so ready for school and completely bored at nursery and keeps asking me when he can go to 'big boy school'
I also think it's holding him back a little so we are all looking forward to this September:)
When I started my journey I was 16.7 stones and with my tiny 5ft4 frame I was morbidly obese ( if always been tiny growing up and until I had children ) I don't have a very big frame , so the excess weight was causing me all kinds of issues :( depression anxiety and I withdrew from life , still at 13.6 I still feel much too heavy I think I'm ment to be a dainty woman lol so hoping with slimming world I can achieve it
For the peanut butter jelly overnight oats
Use your 35g of oats , along with 60ml of almond milk ( 0.5) and a sugar free strawberry jelly ( 0.5 syns ) then a tablespoon of peanut butter
(4 syns ) mix it all together in a kilner jar and leave overnight then it's ready in the morning , I really enjoyed it ! Was very scrummy ,
I love the mugshots esp the smoky BBQ I'm guzzling loads of water at the min I'm loving the sparkling apple and elderflower from Morrisons , I'm going to weigh in next Monday and start the group on the Tuesday so exciting times ahead bring this baby on hahha
What do you have planned for tea tonight ? Xxx

I can imagine that your little boy must be very ready for school now - mine really does love it, he was quite upset when he had to have quite so long off at Christmas :D

Its amazing just how much of an impact your weight can have on your whole life - I have been through similar and just don't feel like my 'old' self at all. I have just decided though, that I am going to put my positive head on and get on with it. This is the heaviest that I am going to be again and each day I will be (a tiny bit) lighter!!! I also want my little boy to know the old me, not the person that I have become.

I might try the overnight oats, it also makes it a quick breakfast as it is already prepared. I also love the favoured waters from Morrisons, it makes me feel a bit like I am drinking something a bit naughtier!

I think we are having chicken breast, jacket potato and beans tonight - not very imaginative admittedly!!!!

Hi again, I know how you feel
To be honest depression and anxiety hit me hard and I know it's do with the fact I've lost all my self worth and confidence since I put on all the weight , I think it's harder for us as we used to be small and haven't always been big it makes it harder to accept and feels like we have lost our identity , but you are so right positivity is the answer here and with slimming world and the right attitude and support there is no reason why we can't be who we want to be and have all our self esteem and confidence back :)
I'm so unfit and I hate exercise lol but I've started a beginners ballroom class thats on a Friday and I'm enjoying it as it's rather fun :) I could never ever be a gym bunny lol
That's very sweet about your little boy and school I'm sure my boy will be exactly the same when he starts I think it's lovely for them to have little friendships and routine that's defo what my little one needs right now , I don't think he is getting enough stimuation at nursery he has very much outgrown it
Well we were going to have a sw ready meal but I've changed the menu and going to have spicy meatballs and pasta instead :)
Your tea sounds simple but very yummy :)
Your right about the Morrisons water it definately tastes a little bit naughty lol xxxx

Nothing can prepare you for the change that comes with having kids, as great as they are, and it sounds like you found the change to yourself as difficult as I did. The worst bit at the time is that you feel like you can't say it out loud because you shouldn't admit it and it hasn't been until later that I realised that other people felt the same! Its a shame that there is so much stigma about it, otherwise we would all talk about it more openly and I am sure it wouldn't be such an issue. My inner butterfly is definitely ready to fly now lol!

I tried the overnight oats this morning - yum! and very filling, I think that these might become one of my favourites so thank you for the tip :)

I, oddly (!), really enjoy exercise and go to the gym 3 times a week as well as run (or more appropriately shuffle!!) - I am actually doing the London marathon in 5 weeks time - eek! I should therefore, by rights, be very skinny but sadly I think what they say is true, weight loss is 20% exercise and 80% the food you eat - and I obviously eat way too much of the wrong things :banghead:

How are you doing today so far?

I'm the laziest cow you will ever meet he he even when I was 8 stone I wouldn't exercise unless you count shopping for clothes and make up hahahaha
Today has been brill , had a docs appointment this morning so missed brekkie ( oops ) so had some homemade potato and leek soup with my healthy extra b it was so yummy I made it last night so was just to heat up today
I've also had lots of water and went to get my hair done this afternoon , I have anxiety and have avoided the hairdressers for over 4 years since I had my little boy so It was long over due and I feel a million dollars hahahaha
Wow that's amazing running a marathon you should be so so proud of yourself I would love to be fit enough to do that I think your amazing ! :) xxxxx

Back