Almond butter

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by SSarma_85, 25 July 2014.

1. SSarma_85

SSarma_85 Member

I follow Slimming World Green Days and I had a question about Meridian Almond Butter.

On Slimming World a 1 level tablespoon of this is 4 and a half syns. BUT, on a Green Day, you can have 20 shelled almonds as a B choice on a Green Day.

I have seen the ingredients list for Meridian Almond Butter and the only ingredients is 99.5% roasted almonds and 0.5% salt.

My question is, would I be able to have almond butter as a HEXB B?

Appreciate any advice :)
  2. Jaffa Cake

Jaffa Cake Well-Known Member

I very much doubt it as hex b is based on fibre content and I would be surprised if the almond butter contained as much fibre due to the process.
    It is why you have to syn smoothies etc as the fruit is changed and the fibre content decreased
  3. SSarma_85

SSarma_85 Member

Hmm thats what I was thinking, but then had a doubt as the ground almonds are allowed as a HEX B, and almond butter is almonds just constantly ground until it is smooth?

4. Jaffa Cake

Jaffa Cake Well-Known Member

I couldn't see ground almonds on the list only flaked almonds and whole almonds.

Could you ask your consultant ? But if it isn't on the list then it would be a tweak

Tahini is on the list don't know if that helps
  5. castone23

castone23 Member

I would be interested to know this! Does it have a fibre value on the jar? X