Almost 60 and not wanting to look it

Rindaloo

Friendly Recluse :)
Hi all, I will be 60 in December. I first tried Atkins in 2003 after buying (and reading) DANDR. Lost loads, felt great, planned to stick to the WOE for life. 10 years later I am not as heavy as pre Atkins (which is some consolation I suppose), but to put it into some sort of perspective, I now weigh what I did a year ago. Not good. I mean, I was doing well, was heading to the 'onesies' and then we had friends to stay and it began to pile on again. Today I weigh 217.6 (so firmly back in the 'twosies') and aiming for 161. But any loss will be proudly paraded :p

So a big HI to everyone :wavey: I hope I can help out, but suspect its more likely you will be helping me. And for that, I thank you. :flowers:

Hi welcome to Minimins, good luck with Atkins :)

Thanks Cee33. Today has been a sad day because a friend died last night and the funeral was at 1pm today. We are left stunned. He was only 40 and had a massive heart attack. His poor family. :sigh:

milaekanayake, thanks for the info. I will look this up. Then if I have any muscles left, I will try this out. I also plan to swim more. I want to swim daily but confess I havent in the last two days and doubt I will get a chance tomorrow.. But we'll see. Am now going to Google isometric exercises Thanks again.

Is this a good example?

[video=youtube;kA78Dtu2-q4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA78Dtu2-q4&list=PL67CB64A13A572184&index=8[/video]

I had a go at the video to see how it felt. As a student I spend a long time in lectures or sitting at a desk. I feel it really stretched my muscles with out me looking strange to anyone watching.

sorry to hear about your friend :(

The issue I have with swimming is the time it takes. Drying off again and things after. Some people say a walk is just as good.
Good luck with you weight loss :)

Hi Firelass, your 'name' sounds strangely familiar, does mine ring a bell with you?? As for the swimming, its not a problem, I have a pool nearby.....:p

Today the weight was up a little. It might be because I had a lot of nuts yesterday. Tonight we are going out with friends. I fully intend to eat like an angel. Will have to wear devil deterrent.

Weight heading down again. Need to do more work on breakfasts though. I really am not keen on fried brekky. I have been having MIM made with 2 tbsp almond flour and one of ground flax flavoured with a bit of cocoa. I also like porridge made with almond flour. Sometimes I have yoghurt. In truth, I can't eat much for brekky and will even eat just a few unblanched almonds or a piece of cheese.

Thanks Cuddlycuddles. I hope I do well (obviously), but I also realise that its not so much luck as effort, that will reward me with weight loss. I have slipped the last couple of days and havent drunk enough, *reaches for water jug*.

BTW, welcome to the forum :)

Back