Almost carb free pizza topping?

-FJ-

Thought that might get your attention haha!

But seriously, found this while having a mooch in Tesco earlier:

Ocado: Gia Tomato & Garlic Puree (Product Information)

( I know it's ocado but it's the only site with the info on that I could find quickly that anyone can view)

0.5 carbs per 100g????

Has anyone used this?

(am about to fire up some mince right now!)

Think maybe the info is wrong?

(praying it's not!)

It's good stuff, I use it mixed with zero noodles. It's just a little tube of very intense tomato paste. Would be nice rubbed over pork or chicken before baking too, if you miss a tomato taste.

I make pizzas with a Joseph's pita (4g carbs) and 25g Sainsburys pizza topping (2.05g).

Low carb pizzas are awesome. Even better when cold, they just seem more 'pizza like'

I just did that with some lavash bread, pepperoni and cheese....and the paste stuff....delish!

Another option for "pizza crust" is a really thin flattened chicken breast. It's not very good to pick up, but once you've pounded it flat and fried it, it makes a good base for the Gia paste, cheese and lots of pepparoni and yummy things.

Another option for "pizza crust" is a really thin flattened chicken breast. It's not very good to pick up, but once you've pounded it flat and fried it, it makes a good base for the Gia paste, cheese and lots of pepparoni and yummy things.

:eek: Marry me! Or at least release a low carb cook book?!? This and the coconut chicken...genius. Any more gems?

i do 'pizza' using a gammon steak for the base.... add some thin pepperoni, jalapenos garlic etc, cheese, under the grill, yum!

:eek: Marry me! Or at least release a low carb cook book?!? This and the coconut chicken...genius. Any more gems?

You're a sweetheart!

I do have a killer low-carb cheesecake recipe somewhere, as well as chocolate peanut butter cups. I'll try to find these and put them in the recipe section! :D

Low Carb Cheesecake:

Butter for the pan
2 pounds of cream cheese (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups Equal Spoonful (or Splenda)
4 large eggs (room temperature)
zest of 1 lemon, minced, optional
zest of 1 orage, minced, optional
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

protein: 8.2g fat: 28g carbs: 4g

Preheat oven to 350 and butter a 9 inch springform pan.

Beat cream cheese well with electric mixer until smooth. Slowly beat in sweetener. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Add remaining ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn heat down to 275 and bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and run knife around edge of pan and return to oven to cool slowly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight up to 3 days.

Peanut butter cups

I love peanut butter and chocolate--probably my fav combo of food!!! These are pretty tasty!! The recipe says it makes 10 but I can get at the most 8 out of the ingredients. I only make 6 now so they are a pretty good size!

Peanut Butter Cups
1 stick unsalted butter (I use salted!)
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/3 c Splenda
1 T heavy cream
4 T peanut butter
chopped walnuts (I don't use these)

Melt butter, chocolate, and Splenda in the microwave. Stir in cream and peanut butter. Line 10 (or in my case 6) muffin tins with cupcake papers. Place nuts in the bottom of each tin. Divide chocolate mixture between the tins. Freeze until firm. These need to be stored in the freezer because they melt quick. You can eat them right out of the freezer.

I don't have the carb count for these but estimate it to be about 2 carbs each cup.

(will post these in recipes thread above)

image-1456127319.jpg

My pizza (sort of) made by lining a cake tun with chorizo slices, mix 2 eggs with double cream pour on top cover with cheddar, on top I put chopped cherry toms and spring onions then topped with mozzarella - baked in oven for 20 mins and serve with green salad.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Low Carb Cheesecake:

Butter for the pan
2 pounds of cream cheese (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups Equal Spoonful (or Splenda)
4 large eggs (room temperature)
zest of 1 lemon, minced, optional
zest of 1 orage, minced, optional
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract

protein: 8.2g fat: 28g carbs: 4g

Preheat oven to 350 and butter a 9 inch springform pan.

Beat cream cheese well with electric mixer until smooth. Slowly beat in sweetener. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Add remaining ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn heat down to 275 and bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and run knife around edge of pan and return to oven to cool slowly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight up to 3 days.

Sounds amazing, thanks! Allergic to peanuts though :(

This place is making me hungry! I shall be busy in the kitchen this weekend with all these delish recipes! :)

Back