Aloize's Diary

aloize

I thought I'd keep a diary as I know I will need something to keep me motivated during the first few weeks of this diet. Like many others on here, I am a typical yoyo dieter ever since I did weight watchers at 21.

I know VCLD is the way to go for me and it works. I lost about 4 stone with Cambridge before my wedding going from 14st 11lb to 10st 10lbs and stayed at about 11st 5lb for a while. I am now back heavier than ever at 17st 10lbs. I have underactive thyroid after the birth of my son 2 years ago so I keep blaming that but really I just eat too much. I am an emotional eater and eat when happy, sad, stressed, angry etc.

I am really glad I found the Exante site as they seem to have improved the product range greatly and I didn't want to pay huge amounts out to cambridge again. I'm actually looking forward to being in control with food and not let it control me. I know I will always struggle with my weight and I am happier when Im slimmer and more confident. I have all my lovely size 12 dresses and jeans in boxes in the loft so want to get back into them by the summer. I am hoping to lose 5 stone by July and see how I feel then.

Goals-
Be confident to wear and swimming costume and take my son swimming (He loves it)
Walk up all 20 flights of stairs at work
Wear my size 12 work dresses
Wear no sleeve tops in summer
Feel healthy and happy

I will record here everything I eat on total. I'm so glad there are a few people on this forum now so we can all support each other.

Happy New Year and here's to a brand new me in 2016.

Just weighed and 17st 6lbs is the starting weight.

Happy new year Aloize and good luck with your Exante journey. I just restarted yesterday and hope to lose 44lb

Thanks Lynne and good luck to you too. Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead.

Good luck Aloize, hopefully we can motivate each other. I am starting today and have done VLCDs in the past so I know they work!

Good luck Aloize! :) Have you started the diet?

Hi Smidge,

Yes started today.

Im really pleased as today has been much better than I thought it would be. Just need to increase the water a bit as I've had a headache tonight. Kept myself busy tidying up the xmas stuff and sorting through boxes.

Today I've had:

1pm- lemon cheesecake shake- very nice and wish I'd ordered more than 2 for this month.
5pm- vegetable soup- wasn't looking forward to this as I got sick of the soups when I was on CD but I liked it.
8:30pm- chocolate mint shake- was ok, and I had it hot.

Hoping I am in ketosis by Monday when back at work. I think the worst bit will be not having tea and coffee or pepsi max at my desk.

That's exactly my plan to be in ketosis by work! It's hard to concentrate when you're hungry :eek:

Good morning Aloize. How are you doing?

Hi lynne, OK apart from the headache. How are you doing? I had a blueberry shake in my new promix cup. It was much better than I thought it would be. Trying to drink more water today.

Here to follow. Great start and good luck xx

Well, I'll admit it, today has been so hard. I've had a bad headache all day. It took me until this evening to realise it was probably caffeine withdrawal so I had a cup of tea with a splash of milk. I know it's not strictly Total but I can't drink black tea or coffee. After reading some threads on here, I'm going to halve my vanilla shake tomorrow and have it with coffee in the morning and afternoon. That should get me through work. I feel much better tonight and so glad I didn't cheat and eat something.

Today I have eaten:

10am- Blueberry shake- really liked this one although very sweet like most of the products.
2pm-raspberry porridge-yuk, disgusting. Did not like it at all. I will have to try it again as I bought 7. Ate 3 spoonfuls and then threw the rest away.
4:30pm- really hungry so had a shepherds pie pack. Surprisingly yummy so will definitely order that again.
8:30pm- cookies and cream bar (with cup of tea) - it was nice but quite rich. I wasn't going to have any bars until definitely in ketosis but needed something to chew.

Here's hoping it will get easier for the rest of the week.

My promix bottle arrived today (don't you just love amazon prime) and its really good at mixing shakes without any lumps. Going to take to work so I can mix soups etc without a blender.

Hi Aloize, we done on sticking to it so far. I'm only on day one and have a headache although I think that is probably from alcohol withdrawal! I'm off to google this promix bottle that you mention :0)

Awesome effort considering you were struggling. Is it day 3 tomorrow ? Should be easier?

Thanks both. Yes day 3 tomorrow and back to work. :(

Hi lynne, OK apart from the headache. How are you doing? I had a blueberry shake in my new promix cup. It was much better than I thought it would be. Trying to drink more water today.
I had a lemon cheesecake shake Yesterday and honeycomb shake this morning. Both nice. Back to work today!

How has your day been? :)

Today has been much better than yesterday thanks. How about you? Ruined my vanilla shake as tipped it all over the floor at work. Didn't have a spare so had to wait it out until 2pm for my next meal.

I've found it easier too today, probably because I'm full of cold and not hungry! Shame about your shake lol! But I guess you'll be able to have an extra pack tonight. Hopefully we'll all keep it up and be skinny Minnies by April!

I definitely hope so lynne

Back