Alpens as a HExB?

missnic07

Silver Member
I've just been to asda and stocked up on the alpen lights as they're on offer, but once I got home I realised I bought 6 boxes of Alpen bars (not the light ones). So I was wondering would I be able to have just one of the regular Alpen bars as my HExB as opposed to 2 Alpen lights?

I was just wondering about Alpen bars, I didn't realise you could use them as HExB...Hi by the way, I am new :) Can you tell :eek:
I tried a HiFi for the first time yesterday and they reminded me of Alpens bars so I was wondering if you could use them instead. Is it 2 of the light ones as a HExB?

HP_Sauce said:
I was just wondering about Alpen bars, I didn't realise you could use them as HExB...Hi by the way, I am new :) Can you tell :eek:
I tried a HiFi for the first time yesterday and they reminded me of Alpens bars so I was wondering if you could use them instead. Is it 2 of the light ones as a HExB?

Hello and welcome :). Yes it is 2 Alpen lights for a HExB. I'm not sure on the hifi bars tho, sorry x

I've just been to asda and stocked up on the alpen lights as they're on offer, but once I got home I realised I bought 6 boxes of Alpen bars (not the light ones). So I was wondering would I be able to have just one of the regular Alpen bars as my HExB as opposed to 2 Alpen lights?

Missnic - back to your original question .... I'm pretty sure that you have to syn the regular Alpen bars. Those darned things just have too much sugar & fat v fibre content to be classed as a HE.

Personally, unless it's too far, I'd pop back to Asda & swap them!

Also, as for the other post about Hi Fi Bars - FYI they're from SW and each one is a HEb. You can only buy them at group so unless you know someone who goes to group you'll have to just wonder I'm afraid. :wave_cry:

Hi, thanks for the replies. I go to SW meetings (just started) and I bought some Hi Fi Bars. The ones I have are the light ones and they say it's 2 for a HExB. I have the chocolate and caramel ones which taste the same as Alpen light bars, they are really nice!

Minimunchkins said:
Missnic - back to your original question .... I'm pretty sure that you have to syn the regular Alpen bars. Those darned things just have too much sugar & fat v fibre content to be classed as a HE.

Personally, unless it's too far, I'd pop back to Asda & swap them!

Also, as for the other post about Hi Fi Bars - FYI they're from SW and each one is a HEb. You can only buy them at group so unless you know someone who goes to group you'll have to just wonder I'm afraid. :wave_cry:

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll make a trip back and swap them for the light ones :)

yeh im sure asda will swap them as long as theyre not open. asda are usually pretty good about things like that! just explain you picked up the full fat ones by mistake.

im sure the proper alpen bars are much more yummy aswell lol

Rochelle1 said:
yeh im sure asda will swap them as long as theyre not open. asda are usually pretty good about things like that! just explain you picked up the full fat ones by mistake.

im sure the proper alpen bars are much more yummy aswell lol

I swapped them today, they didn't even ask the reason which I was surprised about lol. It was the coconut and the fruit and nut ones I got (full fat), and I opened the coconut ones before realising my mistake and it was divine!! So much nicer and chocolatier lol x

mmmm i just ate an Alpen Light for the first time, a cherry bakewell one, it was divine, still chewing it on it as I type this out! I got 3 of them for being slimmer of the week at my group, lovely!

Alpen normal bars are between 4.5 & 6.5 syns SW bars are 6. Therefore alpen can be used as a hex. Here is list of alpen syns: original 4.5. High fibre 4.5. Fruit & nut 5.5. Rasp & yog 6. Coconut & choc 6.5. Hope this is useful. X

po! said:
Alpen normal bars are between 4.5 & 6.5 syns SW bars are 6. Therefore alpen can be used as a hex. Here is list of alpen syns: original 4.5. High fibre 4.5. Fruit & nut 5.5. Rasp & yog 6. Coconut & choc 6.5. Hope this is useful. X

Ahh I've returned them now. This is good to know for in the future though, Thankyou x

Eek my phone was playing up and posted it loads of times, sorry. Can't work out how to delete it, only edit it.

Sorry that is not true. Just because a cereal bar has less calories/syns than one that is a HEX does not mean the first can be used as a HEX! They also have to have the right nutritional content. The ONLY cereal bars which count as HEXes are those which are listed as such and normal Alpen are not one of them :(

ermintrude said:
Sorry that is not true. Just because a cereal bar has less calories/syns than one that is a HEX does not mean the first can be used as a HEX! They also have to have the right nutritional content. The ONLY cereal bars which count as HEXes are those which are listed as such and normal Alpen are not one of them :(

Oh no!, I was obviously misinformed, thanks for info.

Back