Always 2 stone away...

floss

Hiya everyone, not sure if anyone remember me but iv been on and off this section for years! I try lots of different things and then realise im still counting the calories and wander back over :p

Iv been heavier, a lot heavier and a little bit lighter (heartbreak) but im currently sitting at what I would define as my "average" weight...the weight where I (as always) am still needing to lose 2 stone before I start living my life but the weight where my clothes sort of fit me and I look fairly average so I may as well start tomorrow! The only reason I am at this weight now is because im into my 3rd week of flu/tonsillitis and I couldn't really eat much...unfortunately my appetite has now returned!

So anyway my point is to say hello again :D and to ask if anyone has any wisdom..because it seems whatever I try my fabulous imagination finds some reason or way to convince me its the wrong way to go...it's nearly april...what happened to the new year weight loss journey?! I REALLY would like to wear something nice on at least one day of the summer!

So anyway my point is to say hello again :D and to ask if anyone has any wisdom..

Hello :)

Yes. Change the picture in your signature to include a quote about being where you want to be already, instead of a quote telling you to jump. Change the picture on your avatar to something about the fact that you ARE doing what you want, instead of telling yourself 'to start'. In effect, change your self-talk from 'I am going to do this', to 'I AM doing it NOW and LOVING IT!'.

Then, at least once a day, more as it feels good, imagine yourself at the weight you want to be. Plan your new wardrobe.

It only takes a few mind-shifts and you're there. Two stone won't take you long at all, just get to feeling like you will emotionally and mentally when you get there, instead of waiting until you get there to feel like that. Reality will catch up with your changed mind-set and calorie counting will be much easier for you.

Back