always cold ... anyone else have that

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
Since losing weight im always cold these days i hate it
I do eat enough i eat loads but since losing 2.5 st im always cold was fine til i hit the 1.5 st mark now im freezing all the time

I'm always freezing these days too! Our office is a nightmare. This sounds really bad, but there are quite a few "larger" peeps who sit near me and they are constantly boiling hot, resulting in the windows being open and all the fans on full blast. Then little old me sat there in the corner with 2 cardigans and a scarf on over the top of my normal work clothes - sometimes even my coat!!

I'm always cold now too! Have always been a hot person but 4 stone lost now and mainly cold. I assumed it was my weight, didn't think of thyroid issue. Had a blood test last week actually so will see!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I'm the same. Always cold, but I have plenty enough insulation (read: fat!) to keep me warm. I read recently about how women are generally colder in their extremities (hands, arms, feet, legs) than men because their body heat is diverted to internal organs moreso than our male counterparts! I have always had to sleep with socks on and my hands are always zombie-cold! Right now I am sat wearing warm trousers, fluffy socks, a vest top, a long sleeve top and a fluffy zip up top when my OH is wearing his boxers and a t shirt! The thermostat says 19C. LIES! IT'S COLD!

I am dreading my colleagues coming into the office this morning. People are already saying how "boiling hot" it is in here - errr no, that's why I'm sat shivering. Not be long before the windows and the fans are going. Kill. Me. Now.

I am dreading my colleagues coming into the office this morning. People are already saying how "boiling hot" it is in here - errr no, that's why I'm sat shivering. Not be long before the windows and the fans are going. Kill. Me. Now.

Im sat having morning brew ....in my fleece coat and to top it off im not feeling well feeling fluey achey and full of a cold

I used to be hot all the time. I've lost over 5st now and am always cold. When I go to bed, I look like I'm going on an Arctic expedition! And I'm another one who sits with my scarf on at work. BUT I actually quite like it - I'd rather be slim and cold than overweight and hot! So to me, being cold is a sign of my achievements!!

5 stone lost for me and I have been constantly cold since September time, I sleep with socks on and thermal pj's, I keep thin cos my money goes on gas bill @ no money left for food lol ;-) x

I'm glad its not just me then
I have lost 7.1/2 stone and my hands and feet are normally cold, have to wear two pairs of socks under my Ugg boots and thermal underwear and have even wore gloves in the office when the heater has been on 25 deg C
Having blood tests done to rule anything "serious" out

Back