Am I being thick here ?

Geetwo

Hey all, ok am I being thick here but I was calculating if you eat the Atkins bars in phase 1 at a carb count of 2 net carbs per bar and then the recommended veg and salad 15 grams of carbs and then add carbs from eggs sauces cream etc etc the total would be more like 25-30g per day?! When it focuses on this 20g per day?

I was wondering how vital it is to stick to the 20, as it seems quite hard in some respects unless your being very strict counting everything relentlessly ..

When I was on VLCD I would be taking in 30g from the shakes and it left no room for going over or I would go out of ketosis etc... I think each persons tolerance may be different but wondered what you guys thought ?

Stu :)

Proper Atkinites would say a big no to the bars, hun - they are full of sugar polyols which give most people cravings. Moonwatcher has a thread below which is all about why we shouldn't eat them - and Jim calls them Frankenfoods :). The Atkins website these days deviates wildly from Dr Atkins' way of thinking (driven by profit, I guess).

I don't count eggs as having any carbs, and I get 15g from veg, then the rest for cheese and cream cheese.

Thanks guys I agree they make me crave lol :)

Back