am i drinking to much water?

PinkMantha

time to get focused
i struggle to get water down so i drink fruity clear(formelly perfectly clear) strawberry and kiwi, i drink 2-3 bottles a day. also r u still allowed cokezero on this diet, i remeber when i was on it in 2007 my cdc said i was allowed 2 cans a day, i dont drink much of it but find it helps get me through some days xxx

Hi 'Mantha

Try making your shakes up to 400mls instead of the 250 it recommends and that will get you nearly a litre in without you noticing. The choc and vanilla are lovely made up to 400mls with cold water and then about 10 ice cubes blended in.

You do get used to the taste of water after a while and even begin to enjoy it :) Room temp water is easier to drink than cold from fridge I find so I have one of those filter jugs beside the sink that I just drink from all day...a glass here and there .. I mark them off on a piece of paper to keep track.

Gg x

Oh .. and try making up a cup of very strong fruit tea and using some of it to flavour your water .... would be better than the shop bought stuff .. and save you cash :p

I tam pretty sure that the perfectly clear water contains citric acid , and may affect ketosis ? Have you tried the CD water flavourings ? I cannot drink plain water but find that 1 tsp of the orange flavour is enough for 2 litres of water and it tastes great :)
Coke zero is ok and wont effect ketosis but apparently it can effect your hunger and make you more likely to pick
however if drinking the perfectly clear is working for you , and not effecting your losses then its your choice :)

Oh .. and try making up a cup of very strong fruit tea and using some of it to flavour your water .... would be better than the shop bought stuff .. and save you cash :p

I don't think we are allowed fruit tea, only leaf teas like mint, rooibos, normal tea bags etc. Good idea otherwise though!! :)

CD say best to avoid fruit teas as they can't quantify what's in them but I was thinking in Pink Mantha's case a cup of fruit tea a day might be the lesser of two evils in comparison to bought fruit flavoured waters or Coke Zero?

thanks guys. the strawberry and kiwi one does not contain citric acid, not sure about the others though. i might find out from my cdc how much the flavourings are then xx

I love the flavourings and you only have to use a tiny amount too.I also found drinking from a sports bottle was easier than using a glass-got more in that way :)

Perfectly clear strawberry and kiwi contains malic acid not citric so in moderation does not effect ketosis, what i do to up my water intake is drink plain water out of a litre bottle then have a small glass of the fizzy strawberry and kiwi, then hit the 2nd litre:eek: its surprising how knowing you have a little treat after each litre makes getting the water down soooo much easier:D

See I'm not drinking it in moderation I'm doin 2-3 bottles a day! What is allowed on cd? Like teas any other flavoured wAters etc xx

Strictly speaking CD only "allow" still or sparkling water, leaf teas (e.g. breakfast, earl grey etc) and coffee.

Gg

Back