Am i going wrong somewhere??

clr84

Hi, i was wandering if anyone could help me? I'm a new poster to the site although I've been an avid viewer for a few weeks and picked up some fantastic recipe ideas!

My story - I joined SW four years ago at my biggest and lost just over a stone but when my weight loss buddy quit my motivation faltered, and while I still went to the classes, work got in the way and eventually I quit too! After having some extremely bad, confidence-breaking experiences in two jobs, I have just finished a contract at the most amazing school ever! But I digress!!

I am finally in a place where I feel I can give this my all...but have decided to take my journey from home as I am going to university in September, and pennies are going to be tight.
I started (again) a couple of weeks ago and have stuck to plan (writing everything down helps me) - but I'm not experiencing the same results as before?? (I am grateful of any loss don't get me wrong!)

I follow green days as I don't eat red meat or fish, and generally tend to substitute any chicken or mince for quorn. I've been trying to keep my syns down to 5 or so (somedays less) - is this wrong?? I can't remember?
I also started the 30 day shred, but this is on hold for a few days as a recurring back problem has reared it's ugly head!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated as although I've still got the motivation, the extra support would be welcomed xx

Hi, i was wandering if anyone could help me? I'm a new poster to the site although I've been an avid viewer for a few weeks and picked up some fantastic recipe ideas!

My story - I joined SW four years ago at my biggest and lost just over a stone but when my weight loss buddy quit my motivation faltered, and while I still went to the classes, work got in the way and eventually I quit too! After having some extremely bad, confidence-breaking experiences in two jobs, I have just finished a contract at the most amazing school ever! But I digress!!

I am finally in a place where I feel I can give this my all...but have decided to take my journey from home as I am going to university in September, and pennies are going to be tight.
I started (again) a couple of weeks ago and have stuck to plan (writing everything down helps me) - but I'm not experiencing the same results as before?? (I am grateful of any loss don't get me wrong!)

I follow green days as I don't eat red meat or fish, and generally tend to substitute any chicken or mince for quorn. I've been trying to keep my syns down to 5 or so (somedays less) - is this wrong?? I can't remember?
I also started the 30 day shred, but this is on hold for a few days as a recurring back problem has reared it's ugly head!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated as although I've still got the motivation, the extra support would be welcomed xx

:welcome:Hello Clr84 & welcome. Do you have a set of the up to date SW books?? Maybe try mixing it up abit & try the other plans, it'll help keep you interested & you can find out what suits you. Have a good nosey on the diaries sections & recipe threads, you'll get some great ideas & a feel for what everyone else is doing. You can have 5-15 syns, I find my losses are better if I use them all & I don't end up feeling deprived, this varies from person to person.

Why don't you look for a "student" buddy, someone in the same situation to compare notes with, there must be some on here.

Keep posting, good luck ;)

Hello, I also find if I restrict my syns I don't lose as quick, but everyone is different. Some people don't lose huge amounts each week, and apparently I've been told that you weight loss journey will be different every time you do it, maybe this time it will be slow and steady which is good. I wouldn't worry as long as you're losing and you feel good go at your own pace. I'm vegan and do only green days. Have you got a food diary on here? Try starting one, and if you get stuck people will help and give advice.
Good luck x

Its difficult to give any advice without seeing what you are eating on a daily basis but yes upping your syns would be a good starting point xx

Agree with what the others have said re. Syns. Also if you are doing this from memory and it has been a while since you've done it, it could be that the Syn values for things have changed. I find that Quorn products change quite a bit - although if it's just the fillets / pieces / mince that you're having, those are all free. Just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for the replies ladies.
I will try and up my syns and see if that helps. I'm quite a fussy eater to be honest and have tried a lot of 'fad' diets but get bored easy so SW has always seemed the best way forward. I don't eat fruit, but love veg and pasta, and tend to stick to quorn pieces/mince/fillets. Green days just seem to suit, although my books are from when I did this the first time round so do you recommend I sign up and get a new set??

On an average day I have:
Breakfast - cereal (hex b) and milk (hex a) or muller light plus a black coffee and sweetener
Lunch - a batchelor pasta n sauce or savoury rice or left overs from the night before (lol)
Tea - curry / spag bol / carbonara etc with a side of veg (trying to keep to syns to 5 or so)
Drinks - Pepsi max or no added sugar squash

Thanks again

Don't do green myself, but I can confirm it's 2 HEXA and HEXB.

I think my advice to you would be lay off the exercise for one week to let your back recover, eat all of your syns and eat more fruit and veg everyday, then see what happens when you weigh in.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the response

I use my hex a and b in my meals so I do get them, although I'm struggling with migraines which maybe dairy related which means getting all of my hex a is difficult somedays, but I am trying to incorporate these.
Thank you for the advice on upping my syns also - I have done this the last couple of days, although it feels 'naughty' I'm going to stick to it and see how it goes
Xx

Back