Am I normal. Tonight BBC2 9:00 (Monday 14th)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV' started by KD, 14 April 2008 Social URL.

1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    This could be interesting. Not sure that food addiction will get a mention, but I'm sure there will be similarities.

Am I Normal?

[​IMG]
    Monday 14 April
    9:00pm - 10:00pm
    BBC2 South
    1/4 - Addiction

"If you wanna stop, stop!" barks the white-bearded US author of a book called Addiction Is a Choice. He's the loudest voice in a programme where stately psychologist Tanya Byron tries to establish if addiction is an illness - something you catch, or are born with - or just selfish, short-sighted behaviour. The author argues that calling addiction (whether to drugs, gambling or sex) a disease legitimises it and lets people duck responsibility for their choices. But plenty of other experts (and addicts with extreme tales to tell) prefer to treat it as a brain disorder. It's an absorbing debate, the first of a series in which Byron, a calm, shrewd presence, tries to mark the boundary between "normal" behaviour, however eccentric, and harmful, pathological behaviour. Along the way we meet a heroin user cured by horses, and

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Hmm, think Ill plus this and watch it at my own pace, looks interesting but may make me angry!!

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I watched this today. Found it very interesting and learnt a few more things to help me along the way :clap:

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i missed this thread and the programme. I will look to see if it is on catch up on Virgin. hope so

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

not on virgin on demand but found it is on bbc iplayer for two more days so gonna watch it now

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.